Chapter 6

{This has mentions of abuse, self harm and stuff so beware |-/}

~Ava's POV~

"Ava. I never liked you. I just felt sorry for how terrible your life is." Pete snarled.

"You're pathetic." Jasmina spat.

"Nobody likes you." Yasmin snapped.

"Emo bitch." Charlotte and Emily laughed.

They were surrounding me. Closing in on me. I screamed but it carried on. Nothing would stop it. It was as if they couldn't hear me. They all laughed. I didn't know what do do when........

I woke up with a jolt, I was covered in sweat. Joe and his mom came rushing in.

"Ava, are you okay ? We heard you screaming." His mom said. Joe rushed to my side. I was still panting.

"I... I had a bad dream. I'm fine." I replied, catching my breath. Joe rubbed my back.

"I think you need a professional person to talk to." His mom said. Joe looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah, mom is right. You've had a dream where you have screamed. Ava, we're worried. We all are." Joe said. I just nodded.

"I'll book you an appointment tomorrow." His mom said. Then the phone rang. Joe's mom went and answered it. Me and Joe just looked at each other, not knowing what was happening.

Around 10 minutes later, Joe's mom walked in.

"Ava, its your dad. He's um been found dead at home." She said.

"W..what ?!?" I said, disbelievingly. She nodded.

"I'm so sorry." Joe said.

"Did they say how ?" I asked.

"They aren't sure. They are speculating alcohol poisoning and murder." She said softly.

"Oh. I think I need some alone time." I said. They nodded and left the room. My dad couldn't be dead, could he ? Maybe my step mom killed him ? I couldn't be sure. I looked at the clock. It was 2:00am. I had 4 more hours of sleep left. I closed my eyes and drifted away once again.