VI

Nova's POV

They say that when you lose someone you love, it gets easier everyday.

Their fucking liars.

I didn't even get the chance to love Tyler and I ache each day for him, just to be in his presence at the very least. At least to know why he left.

I haven't had a single vision since he left, my mind has been too out of sorts to even have the possibility. I try to forget about it, get my mind off of it, but it seems impossible. My only job, my only purpose in the universe, is to help people. To see the future and protect the wolves from it. Why can't I do that?

Each and everyday I go to visit Milly and the orphans, Milly's condition has gotten worse and the other little girl, Georgiana, has gotten the disease as well. She keeps asking for Tyler, I'm not sure why. I always smile and tell her that he'll be back soon.

Yeah, I know that it's wrong to lie to a child, but what do you want me to do? Do I say," Sorry hun, he left. He's never coming back, so live with it"?

Instead I spent most of my time with my younger sister, who has developed an extreme curiosity for this disease. She takes notes, does research, draws diagrams, her entire bedroom looks like a scene from a police investigation. And nothing.

Nothing.

She cannot find a single connection to anything when it comes to this disease. No plants, no animals, no bacteria or genetics, absolutely nothing. I have this awful feeling that we're missing something, but I don't know what. Luke thinks I'm crazy.

I'm beginning to believe him.

I almost always have the feeling that I'm being watched. All the time I feel like I'm not alone, that there's something, someone, else there. At night, sometimes I wake up for a moment and I see the figure of a person, but when I try to get a better look at them they disappear. It's like there was never anything there.

But I saw it.

I know that I saw it.

Luke won't hear it and Holly was far too busy with the disease to be worried about my paranoia, Alpha Jack was busy with his pack business and Mike, well, Mike and I aren't exactly on speaking terms. I tried to talk to Luna Catherine about it, but she just told me that it was an angel watching over me. I envy that she can believe that. I've seen death too many times, it's too cold and awful and unfair and final for it to lead to anywhere else. Especially any paradise. That's just the curse of being an Oracle though.

It's been almost a month since he left, Holly's hopes that he would return are lessening and Mike is starting to actually stay in the same room as I am for more than half a minute at a time, I think that he believes that I'll go back to him now that Tyler's gone but I won't.

One day he'll find his own mate, then he'll understand. I have faith in that. I have faith that one day my mate will return, because if we don't have faith then what do we have?

So I sit in my room and attempt to meditate, trying my best to find the inner peace. The peace that will bring me the needed answers to the disease, I've been doing this for 2 hours every day for a week. The sky is a bit darker out today, leaving my room in a near blackness with the exception of the single burning candle in front of my crossed legs.

After a half hour of failed attempts I let out a frustrated sigh and ran my hands through my hair.

I'll never get this.

Keep trying, my wolf urged, for Milly you have to keep trying.

I shook my head. It wont happen. It just wont. I leaned over to blow out the candle but stopped when I felt a slight breeze. Standing I grabbed the small dagger from my dresser and assessed my senses and felt a change in the air, a heart beat over by the window. I dashed to the window and pinned one arm over the persons neck with one arm, the other was holding the dagger to their throat.

Then I noticed the tingling against my arm and my heart melted.

"Tyler," I said in a horribly hopeful tone. It can't be him, could it?

"Hello, Nova."

"What are you doing here," I released him and tried to look at him best I could in the dim room," Where did you go?"

"I didn't go anywhere," he stared at the hair that had fallen over my shoulder.

"But why did you leave me?"

"Darling, I never left you. I'm sure you felt it."

I held my breath. Of course, he was the one that was watching me. The shadow in my room, the invisible person that was always there. So I'm not crazy after all.

"You know that's not what I meant."

"I do," he paused for a second and pushed the hair over my shoulder and placed his hand on my newly bared neck," There's something that I need to tell you. Maybe then this will all make sense."

I stared at him wide eyed for a long moment before nodding. I took up his hand in mine and pulled him over so that he would sit on the bed next to me. He went willingly and didn't let go of my hand when we sat down, rather he drew little circles on the back of it with his thumb.

"Nova, I'm not normal."

"No," I shook my head and smiled a little," You're my mate, an Oracle rarely has a mate. Of course you're different."

"No, I mean that I was different before I met you. I," he paused for a second and pursed his lips as if trying to find the right way to word it," I'm not just a werewolf."

"What do you mean?"

Do know what he's talking about, I asked my wolf. Her silence told me that she did.

"I mean that I'm not like you."

He couldn't mean-

"Nova, I'm only half werewolf, I am a hybrid."

Guess who's back, back, back. Back again, 'gain, 'gain. Tyler's back, Tyler's back! *does god-awful happy dance*

And he's a hybrid? But why is that so awful??

The world may never know.

Just kidding, you'll know in the next episode. Which I also publish today like the awesome writer I am.

Until next time, Happy Ostara!