XXIX

Tyler's POV

The car came to the roughest stop I've ever experienced. It was so sudden that I fell onto the older man sitting next to me, he looked down at me with a wide smile and his breath was so bad I almost hit him in the face jumping back up.

"Sorry, man."

"Laaitie, seuntjie."

"Uh, yeah. Okay."

The driver shouted something in African at us and I slipped off the bus, no one here spoke English so I was on my own for directions. The sky was almost dark and my legs were covered in dust up to my knees by the time I reached the small town I had traced Kayla Orji to.

The town was dusty to say the least, there were a lot of people in traditional Islamic dress but it wasn't what was on the streets that interested me. I was more curious about what was under ground.

I went to the corner that would be across from the club in 5 minutes. Checking my watch again I let out a sigh and tilted my head back to stare at the sky.

At 10 o'clock on the dot a door opened and light melted the darkness it hit. Laughter and shouts and music poured out of the building and I knew that I'd found the right place. I rushed across the road to enter the Algerian Brothel.

I'd like to say that everything was vivid and amazing, but the lights only appeared as light as they were outside because it was against such stark darkness. In all honesty it was dark inside, probably to provide at least minimal privacy.

The halls were filled with the moans and groans and laughs of people in the middle of their wicked pleasures as I went through them to find her. Just as I saw a dark haired girl with a veil covering half of her face hovering over a man easily 3 times her age, the music stopped.

A man walked up onto the stage and the lights brightened long enough for him to speed talk in Arabic and step down while gesturing to the stage. The lights dimmed once more and went to a pink tint and the music started again.

Of course, my wolf grumbled as she walked onto the stage.

Her black hair was falling in tumbles around her waist, tickling the edge of her white skirt/ pants/ what ever. She wore a white bra-thing with silver bells on it and bedazzles. Black eyes were the only thing visible on her dark face as the rest was covered in a white veil to conceal the identity of the belly dancer.

Then she began dancing.

I held back from breaking out into my wolf as the men began to cat-call and whistle to her. They might not know who she is or how powerful she is, but I do. She reeks of oracle. Which makes her like Nova.

Which means that they can't treat her like that.

After a lot of moving and twirling and a whole bunch of other things she landed in a bow on the stage and the entire room erupted. Apparently she was one of their best dancers. The man who had introduced her earlier came up and the lights returned to normal as she left the stage.

At least try to fit in, genius.

I saw a girl walking around with some kind of a drink and I took one from her. It was sweet and burnt my throat on the way down. Almost like something I've had before but with a twist.

 Right after I took my first drink I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and guess who's there, Kayla Orji. She was still in her costume from earlier but her hair was shorter, like it was cut.

"You smell of Nova Sterling"

"And you stink of Oracle."

"I assume that you're here because of the sickness."

"I am," I threw back the rest of the drink before adding," Go change, we're leaving."

____

"I'm surprised that worked, to be honest."

She glanced at me as she laced her boots about an hour later in her room at an inn down the street. She was covered more now in a dark blue blouse and old skinny jeans. I found out that the reason her hair was shorter was because she was wearing a wig when she went up, something about the hair adding to an effect.

"I couldn't stay hidden forever, I just expected it to be Nova herself to find me," she straightened from her boots and grabbed her bag off the bed, throwing it over her shoulder before strutting out the door," Instead she sends her little fuck boy."

"I am not her fuck boy."

I opened the door for her when we got to the car I'd arranged, she mock snarled before climbing in. Kayla put her bag down on one row and lied down so she was using it as a pillow. Her head tilted to the side a bit to smirk at me. 

"Really? Then why did she send you here instead of coming here herself? Face it, she's playing you hard, just like she did to Mike."

"You don't know a thing about her."

"Then please, enlighten me."

"Alright, I will," I took a seat across from her and put my hands behind my head, my preferred way of sleeping in a car," She never 'used' Mike, she left him after we met."

"Why would she do that?"

"Nova Sterling is my mate and she didn't come because she's pregnant."

I could feel her gaping at me but never opened my mouth to explain further, instead I just listened to Nova's wolf's reports on the baby and her day.

Today there were some visitors at the pack, they think they can help with the disease.