XX

Guys, it's the big day!

I have never seen my brother move so fast.

I didn't hear him shift.

I didn't even know he had come in the room.

One minute I'm in paradise with Tyler and the next he's being torn off my body and my brother is over his in his wolf form. Great. Just great.

"Luke! Get off of him," I screamed, hoping and praying that he would listen to me for just this one fucking time. Of course not. Instead the Alpha has to sense that something is wrong and come down there to command Luke off of him.

"What is going on down here," Alpha Jack shouted when the two were finally apart. Luke had a bit of blood on his hands and Tyler had the claw scratch to match. I decided to stand next to my mate. My brother is an asshole.

"I came down here to check on his shackled like you requested, only to find this bastard up against my little sister with his tongue down her throat! He's lucky I didn't take him out then and there!"

My cheeks grew red but Tyler just clenched his jaw. My hand found it's way around his fist and rubbed the knuckles gently, attempting to sooth his rage. It worked, soon enough his hands opened and joined with my own. The Alpha took notice.

"Let's take this upstairs."

____

Half the pack was upstairs after they'd heard about what happened to me last night. I didn't really think much of it because I also saw the way that they were looking at my mate anger and fear both pricked just below the eyelids of the other wolves.

My hand went around his possessively in an attempt to show them that I was not only fine but I also stood by my mate. My heart jumped when his hand slid around my waist, the thin fabric of my shirt was the only thing keeping those electric shocks from my skin.

Alpha Jack turned to face us, his face set and firm. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped before the words could come out. I heard a ringing in my ears and turned my head to look for the noise only to find everyone else was looking at me.

What's going on?

I-I don't know. I don't like it though, it's upsetting Mate.

I looked up to Tyler to see what she was talking about but the moment I looked at him he brought his hand up to my eyes and swept his finger under them. When he brought it up to inspect, I saw that it was coated in blood.

My own fingers went under only to discover the same thing. Blood. Warm and red liquid was coming from my eyes as easily as tears and I didn't understand.

Suddenly, the ringing got louder. It was like someone had turned up a dial in my ears to the point where it was ear splitting. I fell to my knees with my hands covering my ears.

I felt blood slipping through them, too.

My lips began to move and I heard whispers coming out in another language. Heshi aren qwo lambiaa newr. It was all on a loop with out any rhyme or rhythm. Then my surroundings changed and I realized that I was getting a vision.

The world looked dark around me, dark and cold. Lonely. There isn't anything. Then I stumble and fall. On the ground, I reach my hands out to push myself up but feel something. Fur. The fur was over a leg, a stomach, a neck and, finally, a head and snout. I jumped back only to feel another. And another. And another. There were dozens of dead wolves.

When I finally stood up, the lights came on to reveal the animals and some humans, their eyes were all rolled back in their heads and they were all wet with sweat and wolves fur was coming off in patches. Holly, Luke, Kian, Mike, Alpha Jack, Luna Catherine, everyone. It seemed like the disease that hit the children of our pack but it was on such a large scale that I hesitated to call it that.

It only effects children.

Looking up from my dead comrades, I saw a single person sitting in the center of it all- Tyler. He was kneeling in front of 3 werewolves- Ulijana, Kayla and myself. Kayla and Ulijana's throats were slit open, blood already dried and eyes rolled back. He was kneeling next to me in the center. My cheeks were stained with tears as I cried hysterically. Something was different about me.

My stomach was raised. I was pregnant.

Tyler held the knife over my stomach as if he were about to plunge it into me. I screamed for him to listen and stop.

"We can still fix this! It's not over yet! Please, Tyler, don't do this!"

"No, Nova, I have to do this. It's my destiny. I'm meant to end all of this."

I opened my mouth to plead again but it was too late. The baby was gone and I was bleeding out.

Then there was darkness.

I gasped out the moment that I came to. The entire pack was looking at me and when I looked to the side, Tyler was gone.

My hand went to my stomach to feel the baby, but there was nothing. I had to remind myself that I wasn't really pregnant.

Not yet.

Holly was at my side so I asked her," What happened?"

"Nova, you were describing your vision out loud to us," she whispered, glancing at the awestruck pack," Is it true? Did you see all of us dead?"

"I-I," I couldn't speak. I felt another warm liquid fall from my eyes, this time I was glad to see that they were tears," Where is Tyler?"

"He ran off, as soon as you said what he did he was gone. Kian, Mike and Luke are looking for him now."

"Good," I whispered, a wave of tiredness washed over me and I went to my room. Sleep sounded more like heaven to me now, but I knew that it wasn't going to happen. I wouldn't be able to sleep so soon after what I saw.

Instead I cried. I cried for the my pack. I cried for my kind. I cried for Tyler. I cried for my unborn child. I cried for myself.

The world is ending.