XIX

Holly

My brows pulled together as I watched Nova's eyes scrunch tight while waking up. She groaned but managed to sit up on her own. Once she was up she looked at me.

"What happened?"

"Well," I stretched it out, hoping to buy myself a bit of time before the explanation I knew she wouldn't like would come out," After Mike scratched you, Tyler lunged on him. He knocked him down and threw a few good punches before the Alpha's, Luke and Joshua managed to get him off. They needed a tranq gun to get him out of there though, he was adamant about not leaving you. In the middle of it all you had hit your head on the wall."

"Where is everyone now? Why am I in your room?"

"Nova- I can't believe I'm about to tell you this- Tyler was taken to the Pack dungeon last night. He's in the cell across from his sister as she awaits her release and he waits for trial. I don't think-," I paused before adding," I don't think that he'll make it."

She stared at the wall for a long time. A really, really long time. She didn't blink. Didn't move. I had to stare hard at her stomach to make sure that she was breathing. Then, suddenly she jumped off the bed and stormed towards the door. I was barely out of my seat when she made it out of the room and to the stairs.

I stared after her before my wolf whispered in her soft voice-

Let her go, she needs to be with Tyler. Help her. She needs her sister.

____

Nova's POV

Tyler, what have you done this time?

That's what I thought. What I sent through the bond that we now share was very different, Hold on, Tyler, I'm coming for you. Just wait.

I hate going to the dungeons. It's dark and dank and usually has a few creeps in there. Once I was halfway down the stairs I realized that not only had he not replied to my message, but he was completely blocking me. Why would he do that?

I got that answer when I got downstairs. Tyler wasn't in a cell. Tyler wasn't being whipped. Tyler wasn't even being "interrogated". Tyler was strapped to a wall with steel and silver straps meant to hold the strongest wolves alive like he was some kind of trophy, Stewart's idea, I'm sure. The silver keeps his wolf powers, and our mate bond, at bay. He's powerless. I felt a growl come from my throat that was so intimidating that I was surprised that I'd made it.

At the sound of my growl Tyler had looked up at me. His eyes reflected nothing but disappointment. I raced over to him immediately and out my hands on either side of his face, urging him to look at me with those beautiful, turquoise eyes.

"Tyler, look at me."

He didn't reply.

"Please, please tell me that you're okay."

His jaw clenched. I brushed my thumb over it.

"Talk to me."

Still nothing. I put my forehead against his in defeat, refusing to back away but allowing the silence to settle for his sake.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Why on earth would you be apologizing to me?"

I let out a small chuckle but he didn't say anything.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Nova. It was an accident, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

"What are you talking about?"

His eyes looked up at mine. They were a deeper blue than I thought humanly- or wolfly- possible. They resembled the darkest shade of the sea with all the depth hidden in his irises as well.

"If I hadn't gotten so worked up- It's just that Georgiana- She's so sick but she doesn't even- I just- I don't know."

"Exactly," I said with a  tiny smile as I began to unlock him," So why bother apologizing for something that you don't even understand yourself?"

Once he was free and stood in front of me he shook his head before he found the right words.

"You don't get it. If I hadn't gotten mad then you wouldn't have been pushed and we wouldn't be in this mess. Better yet, if I had just gone a few miles south when I left my father then-"

He was interrupted by something.

I didn't realize that I had slapped him until I heard the sound resonating through the cells and felt the tingling in my palm, my wolf whimpered as she sensed that it actually hurt him. A red print marked where my skin had connected with his. I saw it for barely a second before his hand went up to touch it. My own traitorous set went to cover my mouth but I stopped them by clenching them at my sides, one came up to point at him.

"You never, never talk like that again. Meeting you is the best thing that ever happened to me and I'll be damned if-"

This time I was more cut off. It wasn't by a hand, rather my being pushed up against the cell wall behind me. His body closed in on me and I caught a glimpse of his bright amber eyes before his mouth crashed against mine.

My hands wound around his neck as I gave in and his hand found its way down my leg, only to stop at the under side of my knee and pull it up to place it on his waist. My tongue was the first to intrude on the other's, forcing a groan out of someplace deep in his throat.

His mouth removed itself from my own as it traveled further down my throat, so far that I thought he wouldn't stop with just the visible skin and go down. Down. Down.

At the last minute he moved his lips back up to mine in a kiss that stopped time and froze every thought in my mind. My hands cupped his face and moved it to my liking as I took control of this moment.

Together we moved closer against the cell wall, it was as if our entire bodies were in sync. He kissed harder and I added passion. I moved my hands and he wrapped me up in his own. My tongue danced and his battled. We kept moving, never staying in the same position for more than a few seconds at a time and fighting for more.

More than we will ever be allowed to have.

Guys, it's 12:46 a.m. I'm fucking tired.