XXIII

Holly's POV

"I hate airports."

"You're the one who insisted that we sit out here and wait for Nova instead of finding somewhere more private."

"If we did that then there's no way that we'd be here in time for the plane," I glared at Kian from the corner of my eye, refusing to turn to look at him knowing very well that the blush on my cheeks ran deep," Then she'd just ball me out for it."

"Well then, you can't really complain then. Luke could have come instead."

"Luke was busy with his things, something about patrol changes or what ever."

We fell into an antagonizing silence in the loud rush of the airport, people bumping and ramming into everyone and everything. It's like a zoo or a barnyard; fast and a little wild. On the other side of Kian I could see the strong storm outside the windows, a sea of white snow making an ever lasting gray.

I suppose I lost myself staring at it because the next thing I know Kian's kissing my neck to get my attention. He never even tries to get it any other way, it's annoying and endearing at the same time.

"What are you staring at, love?"

"The snow."

"Is it really that interesting to you? We do 'enjoy' a lot of it here."

"No, I just can't wait until spring," small, wicked grins spread across both of our faces," For the river to unfreeze..."

His hand slid across my stomach to wrap around my other side and pull me closer to him, a low growl vibrating from his chest as he nibbled at my ear lobe. I almost giggled but caught sight of an elderly woman staring at us from the corner of my eye. I've never seen someone look more appalled in my life.

"Kian, we're in public."

"Your point?"

"My point is-," my breath caught as he kissed my mark," Maybe it's not too late to find that private place you mentioned."

He smiled at me and stood up, putting out his hand for me to join him. We've never really worried ourselves with what people thought when we went into the bathroom or a closet together thought. Why would we when they were thinking the truth and we aren't ashamed?

Some people call it decency, human.

For the love of god, shut up, wolf.

We were about halfway out of the waiting area when I caught sight of a familiar blond framed face rushing over to us.

Nice timing, Nova.

She jogged a bit faster to us, her bag trailing behind on its wheels along with Ulijana. I had to yank Kian's hand to get him to face the music and stop trying to escape. I could feel his frustration and disappointment through the bond we shared.

Of course, he said through the bond so only I could hear. I nudged his shoulder and smiled sweetly at my older sister.

"Looks like you won't be gettin' nothin'," the old lady said to me when my sister arrived in front of us. Kian glared at her, I tried not to laugh. Nova ignored the woman's comment and started her own conversation.

"Hol, how was the drive over here," she asked while glancing  out the window over my shoulder.

"Not too bad."

Ulijana was on her phone, probably texting her parents. If memory serves me, which it does, they're very protective.

"How was your trip?"

"Long, tiresome," she replied," I'm more than ready to go home to my own bed."

"I bet, a month is a long time to be abroad looking for someone. You were only supposed to be gone a week."

"Plans changed, I couldn't find Kayla and I think something may have happened to her."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, but I don't like it."

"Maybe it has something to do with this disease you're talking about," Ulijana added.

"Maybe," Kian agreed," But we need to get back to the house right away no matter why. That snow's only going to get worse."

I grabbed one of Nova's bags and he took up Ulijana's only one. We all started towards the door with Ulijana muttering something about how 'he is basically forgetting we are even wolves' and how 'she can carry her own damn bag', I also think there was some Swedish cussing in there.

____

By the time we arrived back at the house Ulijana had stopped her muttering and Kian had quit glaring. Nova got out first and jogged into the house followed by Ulijana then Kian and I. We weren't nearly as eager.

"What's wrong with them," Kian said, taking my hand in his and pulling it into his pocket to warm mine," You know, besides the entire prophecy about Nova's mate destroying the world thing."

"I have no idea. Must be some oracle thing."

"Mmm, I don't like 'some oracle things'. They never end well."

"One time, Kian, one time."

"One time that almost made me loose you before I even had you."

"You didn't even want me then."

Nova's POV

My room was dark and cold from not being used, I couldn't smell if anyone had been in my room lately. Only a few scents remained in here; my own, Holly's, a smidge of Mike's and Tyler's.

Don't think of him, Nova. You know how I feel about that...

I tuned her out and went to my closet for the air spray. Something has to get this scent out of here. I opened the window to help with airing it out before preceding to unpack my bag.

Okay, I know that this is a really tame chapter. The point wasn't really to make any big steps into the story so much as to give you a vibe of Holly. I think that I might make her story after this and I hope it goes better because I'll have had more practice on here.