XXVII

"What," Luke exclaimed somewhere behind me. I hugged myself and looked her directly in her eyes. 

She was shorter than Teresa, more willowy with more conservative clothing as well. Her brown hair was pulled back in a severe bun and most of her body was hidden under a blue robe, just a peek of a collar was visible beneath it, but it couldn't hide the gentleness in her face. Her eyes and Tyler's were almost identical in shape and color but hers would never change like his.

"He mentioned another sister. It was Teresa, Thalia and Thomas in all, correct?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"I assume that you're here for Tyler?"

"No," she paused for a moment and fiddled with her thumbs before looking back up at me," We're here to help you."

"Why would you help me?"

"Because we've received a message from Asa."

"Kayla?"

"You've heard from Kayla," Ulijana said, we both turned to look at the doorway where she was standing, eyes wide and awestruck.

"Yes, she sent us word just this morning. 'Kayla' has foreseen the final part of the puzzle, it will not only be the wolves that are destroyed by my brother but also the vampires and witches and all the supernatural persons."

"What do we do?"

"We don't let Tyler return," I said to her," We keep him away. At least until the pup is born, he can't do this unless I'm pregnant."

"What about this disease that you've been fighting," Thalia asked.

"I... I don't know. We'll find a way."

"We have a way," Ulijana, Luke and I all turned to her," If you'll hear us out."

"We're listening."

"Vampire blood-"

"Absolutely not," Luke interrupted.

"Hear her out, Luke. We promised."

"Thank you," she said to Ulijana," We don't know if it will solve the problem entirely, but it should slow down the disease for the mean time until you are able to find a more permanent cure."

"Won't that turn them all into hybrids," Uli asked.

"No," I replied before Thalia while staring at her," To become a hybrid you have to both drink their blood and die or be born that way. Just drinking it won't turn them."

"But it won't last forever," one of the other vampires added, an guy with hair so blond it was almost white despite his 20-something, Cali-boy appearance.

"Exactly," Thalia said, giving the Cali-boy a firm look," Which is why we'll need something in return for this exchange."

"You mean something besides not dying? You're on our land, you know," Luke snarled at her. She simply looked at him for a moment before returning her gaze to me.

"After the child is born we want to be sure that it is under the best protection."

"It will be-"

"With it's grandfather."

A man standing behind Thalia stepped up, he was tall with curly hair and a similar facial structure to Tyler's, his lower jaw covered in a fine stubble the same shade of his dark, dark brown hair and he wore cotton shirt with a pair of jeans.

"You're Tyler's father?"

"The one and only."

I stepped up to him to get a closer examination. Everything from his jawline to his hair line was nearly identical to my mates. 

My brother had to hold me back from tearing his eyes out.

____

"What is wrong with you," Luke hissed at me when he finally dragged me out of the living room. I was sat on my bed with both siblings staring at me just like I was months ago when Tyler first came to the pack. Both confused, Holly comforting me and Luke upset. David, Tyler's father, in the "interrogation" room.

History does repeat itself. Only David wasn't being whipped, only encaged.

"He hurt my mate," I spit out at my brother, eyes narrowing. This pregnancy thing is really getting the better of me, I thought before adding," Tyler went to him looking for family and he treated him like gum on the bottom of a shoe!"

"Your mate left you! He's destined to murder all of the werewolf race along with you and your unborn child! Why are you defending him?"

Something in my stomach twitched and my hands covered it as I stood up to face Luke as an equal, a growl escaping my throat as a warning.

"He's still my mate. I love him!"

"But he doesn't love you!"

That was a breaking point right there. I lunged at him, shifting mid-air to land on top of him. Holly screamed and Mike and Kian ran into the room. My growl reverbrated the room before I barked and snapped at his face, cutting it on the cheek from being so close. The brother's pulled me off of my own and dragged me into the corner.

Holly came over to me, kneeling before me and taking my snout into her hands. I realized that she wasn't soothing me, but the baby. It wasn't me that attacked Luke, it was my son. I forced myself to change, taking the control back from the baby.

When I was done, I stood naked in front of everyone for barely a second before Holly threw a blanket around me. Luke pulled his hand off his cheek, revealing a bloody line from midway through his cheek to the edge of his chin. It would scar, no doubt.

"Luke, I'm sor-"

"I thought," Luke said, jaw clenching like his hands at his sides," that now that he was gone you'd see reason. Guess not."

"I didn't mean to-"

I didn't get to finish, he was already gone. Mike went after him in a haste, Kian kissed Holly's cheek before following suit. I was left with my little sister.

"Holly," I whispered, tears starting to spill from my eyes," What did I do?"

"I don't know," she hugged me," It'll be okay. We'll figure it out, No, don't worry."

"I didn't mean to, it was the baby."

"I know, I kno-"

She pulled back and stared at my gut, I wiped my nose on my blanket before asking her-

"What's wrong?"

She didn't reply, only pulled the blanket away from my stomach. It was bigger. Much, much bigger. Second trimester bigger.

The size it was in my premonition.