XXVIII

"We need to make the deal with the vampires and find Kayla now," Holly said as she ran over to my closet, grabbing a larger shirt and some pants from it and returning to me," The baby is bigger, we don't have much time."

"What are we going to do," I whispered while I pulled the pants on.

"We act fast."

Holly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room the moment I was covered.

____

A majority of the pack had left for their seasonal trip to the neighboring packs. A sign of peace between us and them as some of their wolves visit us. There are about 4 or 5 visitors staying in the pack house at the moment and everyone of them showed up in the living room at the wrong time.

The time when I came downstairs with my stomach half a foot away from me.

All eyes were on me and the pup that wasn't visible a few hours ago. Mike, Kian and Luke were, thankfully, not in the room but that doesn't help the fact that the Alpha, Luna and future Beta were.

"Nova," Luna Catherine cried as she ran up to me, taking my hands in hers and staring at my pup she added," What happened?"

"She got worked up and the pup took control, when she regained control and turned back," Holly gestured to my gut," This happened."

"How did it take control," the Alpha hissed. He was obviously not happy that our time frame just became dramatically smaller. I can't blame him, but I won't blame the pup either. It's not his fault.

"I don't know-"

"I do," I interrupted," He's part werewolf, part vampire and part oracle. He's strong."

"And we need to hurry up," Joshua said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the interrogation room.

When we got in there, I saw Thalia strung up like Tyler was a few months ago. The sight of it had my pup writhing for more control again, I did my best to hush it especially when Joshua stopped looking angry and started looking lost.

Thalia got the same look on her before her eyes landed on Joshua, she started pulling at her chains with indescribable force. Josh started to walk to her, slowly.

"Mine," Thalia screamed as she pulled at her chains again, they loudly clanked on the wall behind them. All prior displays of calmness and kindness were vanished as her eyes went black.

Joshua just stood there with his mouth in a half grin and his eyes beyond excited.

He'd found his mate.

____

As soon as Joshua mated with Thalia Mike had heard about it through their bond, he came running as fast as he could to see who the lucky girl that his best friend mated with.

Needless to say, he was disappointed. Their fight went a little something like this:

Mike said, "What the hell, man?!"

"It's not like I could help it," Joshua shouted back.

"You should have tried damn harder then!"

"Fuck you!"

"Yeah, well, same here."

It was honestly the saddest excuse for an argument I have ever seen.

Afterwards I was left standing in the interrogation room with Holly while Kian took care of Mike and his new found "headache" with the aid of a bottle of whiskey and Thalia and Joshua got more acquainted.

We just sat down at the table and she twirled a knife around on the table while I rubbed my stomach and hummed that same old gypsy tune. The pup kicked and I smiled.

How can something so beautiful show that something terrible was starting?

Tyler's POV

Being on the road was easy. I've done it dozens of times before. What wasn't easy was putting up with my wolf whimpering ever few minutes while Nova's updates him on matters back at the house. He thinks she's hiding something from him and I think he's hiding something from me.

What did I miss at the end of that vision that my wolf caught?

Either way, I was in Africa and I'd picked up Kayla's trail a few days ago. Currently I was sat in a shitty car while it took me and 4 other people through the Savanah and up to Libya, where Kayla's trail ends.

If I can find her, I can go home. Nova and the pup are waiting for me back there, I know it.

You would know more if you could shut up and stop disrupting my messages from her wolf, my own growled at me.

The pup kicked, Nova thinks it's a boy.

I felt myself start to smile at the thought of Nova with our son. If she thinks it's a boy, it must be. She's not an oracle for nothing.

I asked the driver to wake me when we get to our destination, knowing full and well that my senses would wake me if anything happened or when we stopped anyway, before leaning back against the car's walls and dozing off.

Right before I fell into the oblivion of sleep, I heard a message from Nova come through.

He likes it when I sing him Heaven's Gift....

OH MY GOD, I FORGOT TO PUBLISH THIS SUNDAY! I AM SO SORRY!