Epilogue

Eve and Ethan skipped stones in on the creek outside our home. Tyler was inside the house painting Eve's room a lavender color, afterwards he'd make Ethan's a light yellow shade. Our pet cat was sat on the ground next to me under the tree in our backyard on the bench swing.

A sigh escaped my lips when Ethan pushed Eve a little and she almost stumbled into the water.

"Ethan, be nice to your sister!"

"Yes, Mama."

I rolled my eyes at him and thought back to that day years ago. The twins were now 6 years old and in their first year of school but I continuously find myself going back to what Kayla said all those years ago.

Stop worrying.

I can't.

My wolf grumbled at me and settled back into a corner to relax.

After we had killed Faye the wolves began to wake up from their deaths. We don't know if the children who had died originally woke up again because by the time we got to the graveyard they would have suffocated already. We let them rest in peace.

Zoey was the only one to survive it because she was the one that Faye had tethered the spell to, Zoey was also the only child who was immune to it explaining why she was allowed to be around the disease in the first place as it was so contagious.

She also knew everything, the second Kayla was an enchantment. Faye had disguised a powerful warlock named Wyatt as Kayla in order for him to get to Tyler as a part of his plan.

Teresa and Thomas never made their big appearance but Joshua went rouge to be with Thalia as she refused to have anything to do with us anymore. The vampires are another story.

We had created enough tension between us and the vampires to cause another war, they mainly targeted Lacey for a long time but that's another story and not mine to tell.

Removing the knife from myself and the children wasn't the easiest, it left scars on all of us. Mine rests on my abdomen while Eve's is on her left arm and Ethan's is on his right side. It almost killed me to take it out because I was lending all of my energy to the kids, Tyler's strength is what saved me.

After all the mess was over, Mike made it very clear that Tyler was not allowed back in the pack house ever again. He told me it was fine and stayed in the orphanage while he, Luke and Kian all built us a house out by the creek by the eastern boundary lines.

Ethan ran up to me with something clasped in between his hands, I straightened in my seat and prepared myself for what ever little thing he had found this time. He opened his hands to show me a frog.

"He's so big, Mama!"

"He is, Ethan," I nodded at the lake," Just make sure that you release him safely. Last time you nearly drowned him."

"Okay."

"I'm going to go check on your father, you should play with your sister a while longer. Grandpa's coming over later."

He nodded again and ran back to his sister, almost tripping over his own feet in the process.

Tyler's father made a real effort to be a part in the kids' lives after they were born. At first it was really awkward between Tyler and him but they soon came to a sort of an understanding; he could visit when ever he wanted but there was no human blood allowed in this household.

I heard a familiar humming down the hall and followed it past the photographs of us and the children as they grew. At the very end of the hall is my favorite, the first time I got Mike and Tyler in the same area together with out one trying to kill the other.

It had Luna Catherine, Holly, Kian, Mike, Lacey, Ethan and Eve and I all in front of our house. Holly was 2 months pregnant at the time and her stomach pushed against the dress she wears in it. Kian wasn't even looking at the camera, he was staring at her stomach. Lacey was pressed against Mike and I was sat on the bench swing with Luna, we both held on twin in our arms. Tyler stood right behind me with his hands on my shoulders. We were all so happy.

I turned to the left and found Tyler with one of those roller things dangling from his hand as he watched the kids outside. I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"They're so beautiful," he said, tilting into my touch. I sighed. After all this time, I can still feel the sparks.

"They have your eyes."

"But Eve looks just like you."

Eve ran up to her brother and tackled him to the ground, he rolled them over so he was on top and told her to say 'uncle'. She kicked his legs out from under him and pulled his arm back in a painful direction.

I groaned and let my head fall into Tyler's back.

"Mike's been teaching them to fight again."

"They're just playing," he replied as his father walked onto the scene, laughing at the position his grandson was in by his granddaughter. Tyler turned around to me, he was smiling and there was a mark of pink paint on his forehead and chin not to mention all over his clothes.

"You're a mess."

He put his head in the crook in my neck.

"I'm your mess though."

I giggled and he slipped his arm around my waist, we made our way outside to see Tyler's dad showing off his strength to the kids.

By picking up a rock.

3 times the size of Ethan.

One handed.

With Eve hanging from his arm.

When he noticed us he threw the rock to Tyler who caught it effortlessly and set it down on the ground outside.

"Careful what you show them, dad. They won't be as strong as you or me."

"They'll be plenty strong," he brushed him off," Eve, tell your father what you told me."

Eve ran up to Tyler and jumped into his arms, she nuzzled against his chest for a second before pulling back.

"I want to be a pack warrior, Daddy!"

"You do? Well, you're going to have to train extra hard to be a warrior."

"I will. Did you see me get Ethan earlier? He wasn't even expecting it!"

"I did see, you know if you..."

His voice trailed off and I made my way back to the bench swing. The guys discussed the battle tactics and the children listened with eyes that were amazingly wider than their ears. Queen, the cat, jumped into my lap and I absent mindedly stroked her tabby coat. She purred gently and I wondered what she would do if she knew we were wolves for possibly the millionth time.

Tyler picked up Ethan and put him on his hip while his father did the same to Eve. They all went inside but Tyler stopped at the door and ushered me over. I picked up Queen and walked over to stand by him.

His eyes were the most dazzling shade of turquoise I had ever seen.