IX

Nova's POV

I picked up the small bag I had packed for Tyler while giving him a small smile. We had spent the last hour talking, me trying to find a way for him to stay and him arguing that it was pointless. I handed him the bag and wiped the stray tear away from my eye before it got out of control. Again.

"I packed some of the Luna's brownies and 2 extra shirts," I shrugged," Well, their actually Luke's, but he won't miss them-"

"Nova," he cut me off, grabbing my face and holding it so that I face him," I'll. Be. Fine. I've done this before, you know."

"I know, it's just- I don't know."

"I do."

Tyler leaned forward so that his head was gently nestled in my hair. I was still a bit nervous about this gesture, but not enough so to make it noticed. I put my own head in the crook of his neck in return, creating a safe little cocoon. Just the two of us.

"You two are gonna make me lose my lunch."

I groaned at my Joshua's voice before taking in one last, deep breath of Tyler's scent and pulling away. Tyler himself was less than pleased by the action but let me do it with a sad look on his face.

"What do you want, Josh," I asked.

"Me? Nothing," he smirked a bit before adding," Well, maybe just one little thing."

"Make it quick. We were in the middle of something."

"Ah, exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. Have you seen Mike?"

"Not since he told me to high-tail it out of here," Tyler replied while staring at Josh peculiarly. It was almost as if he'd seen him before...

"You might want to talk to him again before you 'high-tail it', so you say."

"And why is that?"

"I'm not one to spoil a good story," he nodded towards the door," I think you might want to check this one out for yourselves."

Tyler and I looked at each other for a second before turning back to Josh but he was already well on his way back into the woods. Letting out a sigh I reached for Tyler's hand and started back to the house, curious to see what Mike might have in store for us now but dreading it just the same.

____

We entered the study to see the man in question sitting behind the large desk busy on his phone.

Even the future Alpha can't get off his phone.

Nova. My wolf warned, well aware of the possible trouble that could incur if these thoughts slipped through the pack bond and Mike was still upset with me.

I couldn't help the smile that came over me. This is the first time in a week that my wolf has spoken with me, now if I could just get a premonition...

"Good," Mike said cheerily when he looked up from his phone," You haven't left yet. I have something to discuss with you both."

"And," I asked impatiently. I know that Oracle's are meant to be all around good but Mike has been getting on my nerves a lot lately.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't wan-"

"I wasn't talking to you," he interrupted before turning to Tyler," I was talking to him. I'm sorry, Tyler. I shouldn't have behaved like that, Nova is your mate now and I need to respect that."

"Okay," Tyler replied. I could sense his confusion so I moved my hand from his up to his upper arm. He looked at me for a moment before we turned our attention back to Mike to see how he was handling our touching. He looked as blank as a new canvas.

I was much more curious in the colors that would paint it.

"I accept your apology."

"Thank you, Tyler. You are welcome to stay in the Jade Forest's territory for as long as you like."

"That's very kind of you," I said slowly, still not sure whether or not to trust this sudden change in behavior.

"I only wish to mend fences," he looked pained for a second before adding," Have either of you seen Kian today?"

"No," I shook my head," Haven't seen him at all."

Holly's POV

I received a distress call from Kian's wolf through our mate bond about an hour ago. He sounded really upset so I rushed over to him, only that wasn't as easy as it sounds.

Kian's really, really, really fast. The wind is his only superior. Not to mention he's an expert at hiding and I suck at tracking.

"Come out, Kian," I shouted through out the woods," I want to talk to you!"

The only reply was that of a bird shifting from branch to branch. I let out a soft sigh before continuing my walk.

After another hour of walking I found my mate standing by a very broken tree with a tear streaked face that was otherwise filled with anger. His knuckles were bleeding and raw, probably from the destruction of the tree and he wasn't wearing a stitch of clothing.

Must have shifted, I concluded.

Of course, I had planned on this so I took out the pair of pants from my bag and ran over to him.

"Are you okay," I asked when I reached him, taking his face in my hands," I was so worried."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, babe."

I shook my head sadly at him. He trusts me with all his heart, I know that, but he's still got Alpha blood running in his veins and will never admit to any thing remotely close to weakness. I shoved his pants at him and told him to put them on. He mumbled a thank you before stepping behind a tree and pulling them on. It was a sweet gesture, but entirely silly because I had already seen him naked not 2 seconds ago.

"Do you wanna tell me why you decided to murder a defenseless tree?"

"He looked at me funny."

I snickered at his attempt at humor. Even when he's half naked, pissed off and bloodied he still cracks his little jokes. When Kian came out from behind the tree I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer, making him let out a small smirk.

"Much better," I said softly.

"What? The clothes or being close to me?"

"Both," he planted 2 quick kisses on my lips.

"Well," another," Maybe we could go back to the house and-"

"And," I stopped him in his tracks," Go to training? Great idea! Race you to it!"

I pushed him away and dashed off into the woods, him hot on my trail. We ran through out the forest until we were about a mile away from home. I tripped and tumbled into the freezing snow, Kian falling right onto me. I laughed and tried to push him off but he refused! Then he leaned down for another kiss but I turned my head away, refusing. I peeped open my eyes and-

I screamed.

Hey, guys. Weird thing, some of my chapters randomly came in published. It's fixed now but how odd.

Anyway, I found myself in a bit of writer's block so it was a bit harder to get this chapter up.

I know that I have a few readers that like my story and I need an idea for the name of a special someone coming up soon. Any ideas? Think sadistic and gorgeous and phsyco. Thanks!