Chapter 27 - Crazy Coincidences

"Don't you have a shift here?"

"It doesn't start till' 5 pm love. Now come on. I'm using a motorbike...if that's fine with you.

It took me a while to get settled on the bike, but at least I got on it.

"Where do you live?"

I told him the address and we moved.

------------------------------------------------------

"Want me to take you up?" He says.

I shook my head, "It's fine. Thank you very much." I say, getting off the bike yet feeling the pain again.

"Here let me help you. You know, I think I'll take you up."

"No, no, it's okay. You need to get Sophia. I reckon she's your girlfriend." I say.

He nods, "Thanks for understanding. But you don't need to worry about that. She'll be fine."

He looks up and stares at the apartment building, "You know...I think Niall lives here too."

Great, that guy's name. Maybe I should just blurt out that I am his stepsister to show my revenge.

"Yeah, he's my stepbrother." I say confidently, but soon a sense of guilt comes.

Liam's eyes widened at me. "Your stepbrother?"

I nod.

Then his face starts looking serious and he shook his head. "How could he have let this happen to you? He was there, I know he was. I have got to talk to him about thi-"

"Wait Liam. He doesn't want anyone to know I'm his stepbrother. So...I need you to keep this a secret, alright? Oh and besides...you don't have much rights to say that to him. You've let this happen to me too." I say.

"Yeah but with a good reason. He threatened me with my girlfriend. What does Niall have?"

"I don't know...he was about to save me. At least I thought he was...until his friends came and he had to say that he was actually going to give me to him too."

"Oh. Well...I hope you stay safe. You sure you'll be okay up there?"

"Yeah. Thanks again." I say, giving a small smile before heading to the lobby.

I head to the elevator and accidentally bump into someone.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there." I say.

"Hey! It's you. Wait wait don't tell me. Selena, right?"

My eyes widened. It was Dylan. I wanted to smile seeing him but I was too exhausted.

"Hey, you live here too?" I ask.

"Well, yeah. Woah this is insane. Can you believe it? Cos' I can't. I mean woah-"

I manage to let out a small chuckle, but I was still not in a mood.

"Hey are you alright? You don't look so good." He says, checking my eyes.

I look away from him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I just really need some rest, that's all."

"Oh, okay."

I walk in the elevator and he follows me in. "Weren't you about to go out?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I just remembered I left something."

I nod understandingly.

It wasn't long before I reached my floor and waved goodbye to him.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're walking rather funny." He says.