Chapter 9

Arriving back at Sindria, everyone was greeted by Sinbad and the 8 generals.

"Congratulations on conquering Zagan."

"Thanks Sin!" Sora exclaimed

"Since you conquered Zagan, there's going to be a festival tonight."

"Really?!"

"Yes."

  Sora was completely excited about the festival. She decided to go to her room to rest. Once she got to her room, she was about to rest but noticed the crystal. 'I wonder if it'll work again.' Picking it up, it glowed again. 'Yes!' Looking at the crystal, she noticed everyone was going in and out of the guild. 'What's going on?' You couldn't blame her, after all, she doesn't know that the S-class trials are in a few weeks. As she was looking, she saw Natsu looking at the request board. 'I wonder when I'll be able to go home.' Smiling, she sat down on her bed and continued to watch. After a while, the crystal stopped glowing. 'Must need to recharge.' Setting it down, she decided to go look for Igneel.

  As she was walking, she smelled someone behind her. Turning around, she found out it was Sinbad, along with Ja'far.

"Where are you off to, Sora?" Sinbad asked

"Going to look for dad."

"Sora, is it true your dad is a dragon?" Ja'far asked, curiously. It was true he heard Sinbad talk about Sora to him. Sinbad also told him about what she was looking for. In truth, he was amazed by her being trained by a real dragon and living with one.

"Yeah." Before anyone could say anything, she walked off.

  Arriving at the beach, she searched for Igneel's scent. She searched high and low, but it lead to a dead end. 'Looks he flew to somewhere else after all.' She looked up at the sky and felt a little sad. 'Where are you dad? You said we would be together, forever.' She noticed that it was dusk, so she decided it was time to head back to the palace.

  Back at the palace, she saw everyone getting things ready for the festival. 'I think I'll go and get ready.' With that, she went to her room. Arriving at her room, she walked in to find the same maid that dressed her. Before she could do anything, the maid told her to go take a bath.

"Okay, but you do know that I can get ready myself, right?"

"King Sinbad told me to get you ready no matter what you say Miss Sora."

"You don't have to."

"I will take 'no' for an answer!"

  With that, the maid hustled Sora into the bathroom. The maid was about to help her bathe, but she said that she would do it. After much arguing, Sora convinced her that she could do it herself and allowed her to let dress her up. Coming out of the bathroom, the maid told her to sit. While the maid was drying Sora's hair, Sora sat quietly. Thinking it was awkward, she decided to get to know the maid.

"What's your name?" Sora asked

"Ava."

"Ava, why did you decide to work for Sin?"

"I liked the king and wanted to get closer to him, but I knew I wouldn't stand a chance. I also needed the money."

"Oh."

"Miss Sora-"

"Just Sora."

"Sora, you are very lucky."

"What'd ya mean?"

"You don't see how King Sinbad looks at you?"

  Seeing Sora's confusion, Ava thought that she was oblivious to Sinbad. Everyone saw how he looked at her. 'Don't tell me she's dense!' Wanting to test her theory, Ava questioned her.

"What do you think of the king?"

"He's a good friend."

  Ava decided to make Sora look stunning, just to know what Sinbad would say. Also, she would make a plan. Smirking, she would definitely put her plan into action. 'I'll definitely need Mister Sharrkan's help.'

  Finally ready, Sora went to the party. In all honesty, she didn't like wearing make up but Ava wouldn't take no for an answer. Ava kind of reminded her of Erza; she decided not to get on Ava's bad side in case of causing chaos.