19: Talk

When I woke up Adam was still under me. I looked up at him and our convorsation from last night refreshed itself in my mind. I slowly got up and made my way to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Once I got out I put on a pair of leggings and a white t shirt. When I made It out of the bathroom I saw Adam still sleeping on the bed.

   I walked over there and climbed on him and sat on his stomach them slapped his cheek lightly until he woke up. He grabbed my waist and flipped us over so he was hovering over me.

   "Although I like girls on top sometimes I'd rather be the domanant one." He said referring to the sexual position we were in. I groaned and shoved him off me sitting up.

   "You're nasty." I said then stood up walking away.

   "Yea, you're right. And by the way, nice ass." He said. I gasped and turned around so I was facing him again as I slowly backed out of the room.

   Once I made it downstairs I saw Parker in the kitchen and a very scared looking Kayla.

   "Why is there a random guy in your kitchen?" She asked.

   "You've missed a lot Kayla. You have much to catch up on." I said then I felt a slap on my butt.

   "Hands of Johnson." Parker said.

   Adam raised his hands in defense. "Sorry, I'll keep it in the bedroom next time." He said.

   "That's it, you're dead." Parker said picking up one of the kitchen knives.

   "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Clair help." He yelled hiding behind me.

   "You two stop. Parker I haven't done anything with him, and Adam don't be such and ass." I said walking to sit on a bar stool.

   "I'll get you next time." Parker said.

   "Yea, I don't doubt it." Adam replied sitting next to me.

   After eating breakfast Adam went home and Kayla and I headed to a diner not too far from my house. When we got there I explained everything that had happened since we got there.

   "Last night I had a nightmare. Logan was there, In my dream I mean. He s-shot Adam just l-like he did to A-Alex. What if he finds me again. I can't do this, I'm starting t-to fall for Adam, b-but falling for Alex I-Is what got him k-killed." I said as a few tears escaped my eyes.

   "That's not gonna happen." She said. "Logan went to jail when you still lived in New York. There's no way he'll be able to track you down." She replied.

   "I now know why he went after me. He wanted to kill me because he didn't want Parker to find me because he didn't want me to get any power. But if he figures out that I'm part of the gang, that puts an even bigger target on my head. If Alex hadn't jumped in front of that bullet it wouldn't be a problem. I would be dead and I wouldn't have to worry about my feelings." I said.

   "But you have Parker, and he would protect you. And I know you and Adam have more than just a fake relationship going on. I caught you almost kissing in the pool, nobody was home and you had nobody to pretend for then. Nothings gonna happen, it's gonna be okay. You're allowed to like Adam." She said.

   "Should I tell him?" I asked.

   "You need to ask yourself that, it's not up to me. I'll be leaving tomorrow because I've been informed that my little break is over. But I'll be back up as soon as I can to visit again. Although I wanna be able to see Marcus again so I'm gonna go visit him. Lobe you, kisses." she said then walked out the door, I giggled and put some money on the table to pay for the coffee we got and I left.

   I decided it was a good time to tell Adam about everything with Logan and make sure he will be okay. Once I got to Adams house I knocked on the door. It opened revealing a shirtless Adam. It was hard for me to pull my eyes away from his abs but once I did I looked up to see him smirking.

   "Like what you see?" He asked.

   "Yes, but that's not why I'm here." I said.

    "Okay. Well why are you here?" He asked.

    "This explanation is gonna take a while, so I'm gonna need you too put on a shirt and find somewhere for us to talk." I said.

   His eyebrows furrowed but he let me in. He slipped on a shirt and led me out of his window and up the roof to a small flat area where we sat.

   "What's wrong?" He asked.

   "There's so much I have to tell you. I just don't know where to start. I haven't been honest and ibmve been keeping a lot from you. I'm gonna apologise in advance for putting you in danger." I said.

   "Clarity, what's going on?" He asked. A serious and concerned tone came out in his voice. I shook my head and sighed looking at him. He wiped away the first of many tears that would fall in the next few hours.