16: Nothing left

It's been three days since Adam has been put in the hospital and I haven't left his side. obit I was sitting by his side waiting for the doctors to clear him to leave. When tge doctor came in and gave him the final check and told us we could leave I continued to rush him around until we could go.

"You're way too impatient." He said.

"You love it." I responded.

"Yea, you're right." He said back making a blush rise to my cheeks.

[}<>{]

We were lounging on tge couch in my house talking about what he was gonna do as for living arrangements.

"You can just live in that house by yourself." I suggested.

"Yea, but I wanna get out of this place." He said.

"And go where?" I asked.

"I'm not sure yet. But there's nothing left for me here." That hurt to hear.

"Nothing at all?" I asked avoiding his eyes.

"Well I've grown up here, my mom and brother died here, and my father got arrested here. I have nothing left for me." He said. "Why stay in a place with nobody left." He said.

Tears rose to my eyes and I stood up. "I think it's time for you to head home." I said softly.

I began to walk away then went into the bathroom closing the door and locking it. I slid down to the floor letting a tear fall.

"Clarity, babe, what's going on? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Don't call me babe, we're not dating. And don't call me Clarity." I said.

"Clair, what's going on?" He asked.

"You said you had nothing left to stay for, so go. Leave. Just up and leave." I said. "Just know that there is something left for you here. Your friends, Lucas, Markus, Flynn, Brayden, and Cheyenne. And most of all, me. You'd be leaving me." I said letting another tear fall.

"Babe, it was just a suggestion." He said.

"You said there was nothing left for you here, so leave. And stop calling me babe, we're not dating." I yelled.

"You're right, we're not dating. Goodbye." He said then I heard him walking away.

I let the tears slowly flow down my face. I wasn't so much upset as I was mad. He wasn't thinking about any of his friends, he wasn't thinking about me.

I pulled myself up off the floor and wiped the makeup from under my eyes. I exited the bathroom to see Parker standing there.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"I got in a fight with Adam. Do you have any weed?" I asked.

He smirked and motioned me to follow behind him. He led me to his room where he pulled out a bag of weed tossing it to me.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked.

"Yea, I just need to get fucked up right now." I said.

[}<>{]

After coming down from my high I was laying in my bed with my door open. Parker came walking down the hallways stopping at the door.

"Me and some guys are going to a club, you wanna come?" He asked.

"Is the guy who tried to rape me going?" I asked.

"No, just me and two other of my close friends." He said. I nodded.