29: PTSD

(Clair's p.o.v.)

   He climbed on top of me and pulled my shirt off as cried. I tried to wiggle from his grip but I couldn't. He was too strong. A-and then, he forces himself in me.

   I shot up out of bed in a fit of tears. I was gasping like I couldn't breath and I was shaking. I was sweating, but I was shivering. And it was the second time tonight, the eighth time in five days.

   And all eight times Adams been here to consol me back to sleep. But I just can't take anymore of this.

   "Hey, babe, it's okay. It's all over-" He began.

   "Just. Shut. Up. I love that you've been helping me through this. And I love you so much. But it's not all over. I can't do this anymore. I can't relive that memory every night. It's killing me, I feel like shit. I'm having cold sweats, I'm shaking, I'm having panic attacks every night. There's something wrong." I said as I looked down.

   "I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong." He said putting his hand on the side of my face.

   "I-I don't know what's wrong. I just know I need help." I said. He nodded and sighed.

   "Okay, I'll take you to a doctor tomorrow. But as of right now, sleep." He said. I nodded and layed down next to him.

   He wrapped his arms around me protectively and he kissed my head as he traced small shapes on my waist. I slowly let my eyes shut hoping to be able to sleep soundly the rest of the night

[}<>{]

   The doctor walked back in the room, after testing me and asking multiple questiobs, with the results.

   "You have PTSD, or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It happens very often in cases where people have been in very scary or horrible situations. It appears mostly in soldiers. There isn't a whole lot we can do about it, although there is medication we can give you if you'd like." The doctor concluded. I sighed and looked down at my twiddling thumbs.

   "Yea, that sounds like a good idea. Medication helps, and I just can't take it anymore so." I replied. Adam grabbed my hand and squeezed it to which I squeezed back.

   "Alright. Just fill out this paperwork and you can be on your way." He said. I nodded and he left the room.

   "Babe, are you gonna be okay?" Adam asked me.

   "I'm fine. I'll be fine, I promise." I said with a smile and I kissed his cheek.

[}<>{]

   When we got home I told Adam I was gonna take a nap, and he said he had to go grocery shopping.

   "Please be safe, don't answer the door if someone knocks. There is a gun under the socks in my drawer It's needed. If you have a nightmare call me, and just know that I'm here and I'll be home as soon as you call me. I love you babe, I love you so much." He said kissing my head.

   "I'll be fine." I laughed slightly. "Go, and you can wake me up when you get back. Pick up my medication on your way home" I said.

   "Will do, I love you babe." He said again. He kissed my hair then left.

   I walked up the stairs and crawled into his bed. I slowly drifted off to sleep but it didn't last long because I woke up screaming. The nightmare was so bad, and even though I had woken up it didn't stop. Everything Logan had said to me while he raped me kept playing.

   I got up with tears still running down my face, and walked to the bathroom. I began to run the shower as I stripped down. I stepped in the shower and rested my head against the wall, tears still streaming down my face, and Logan's words repeating in my head.