18: Admit it

"Hey, I figured you were here and I heard talking in the back yard. I'm super bored and I missed you so much. I decided since it's snowing in new York I'd come visit you in California." My old bestfriend Kayla said. I screamed and pulled myself out of the water and ran and jumped on her wrapping my legs around her waist.

   "Kayla, oh my god. I missed you so much." I said. Tears welled I  my eyes as my bestfriend held me like I was a baby. I cried on her shoulder and she laughed.

   Once she finally put me down her eyes bugged out. "Who's the abrecrombie and Finch model?" She asked referring to Adam.

   "Uhm, th-thats my boyfriend." I said.

   "I fucking hate you, you lucky bitch." I laughed and Adam walked up to us putting his hand on the small of my back.

   "Care to introduce me Clarity?" He asked.

   "Holy...full name too. You don't even let me call you by your full name." She said. Adam laughed.

   "Adam, this is my best friend from back in New York. Kayla, this is Adam, my boyfriend." I said.

   "Hey." Adam said.

   "Do you have any friends?" Kayla imidiatly asked.

   "Kayla!" I exclaimed.

   "What, if he has any friends as hot as him I need to know." She said.

   "Stop ogling at my boyfriend." I said then stood in front of him blocking her veiw.

   "You're so overprotective." She said.

   Adam decided to take this as a sign to touch my butt. He placed his hand on my butt and squeezed slightly making me squeal. I turned around to see him smirking.

   "Adam. Don't do that." I said.

   "Why not?" He asked.

   "Cuz, I don't like it." I said.

   "Oh don't lie, you know when you were still with your ex you loved it when he touched your butt." Kayla chimed in.

   "Shut up." I groaned.

   "So that's open opportunity then?" He asked slipping his hands around my waist and his hands slipped back to my butt.

   "I'm not doing this." I said and pushed him off me and turned to walk away.

   I made it to my room and changed. When I made it back downstairs I saw Adam and Kayla on the couch, except now Kayla was talking to Marcus. Adam had also gotten changed.

   "Hey guys. When did you get here?" I asked directing it towards Marcus.

   "Like five minutes ago." He responded. I nodded and sat on the couch throwing my feet over Adams lap.

   "Why?" He asked.

   "Because." I responded and turned the TV on looking for a movie. Once I stumbled apon paranormal activity I decided that I was okay with it.

   "You like scary movies?" Adam asked.

   "No, she fucking hates them." Kayla pitched in.

   "Shut up Kayla." I said.

   "Bish, don't tell me what to do." She laughed and so did I.

[}<>{]

   Halfway through the forth horror movie I was snuggled into Adams chest freaking out. I let out a little yelp when a pop up part came up. Kayla laughed and Adam pulled me closer to him.

   Kayla had taken quite a liking to Marcus and it made me happy, but she has to remember she won't be here for long.

   When the movie ended, Parker still hadn't gotten home and neither had my mom. it was almost eleven and Marcus was saying he had to go home.

   "You can crash in the guest room upstairs." I said to Kayla. She nodded and I showed her the room.

   When I made it back to my room Adam was sitting on my bed. "What's up?" I asked.

   "I'm not tired." He said.

   "Well you don't have to go home." I said.

   "You sure?" He asked.

   "Yea, we just talk." I replied.

   I went and layed down next to him and we talked about everything from food to what we wanna do after highschool ends.

   I was getting increasingly tired and Adam knew it. He covered us up and wrapped his arms around my waist and gently kissed my head.

   "Night." I mumbled.

   "Goodnight Clarity." He replied.

   I nuzzled my head into his neck as my eyes shut.

[}<>{]

   I shot up from my bed with a scream. Tears were streaking down my face and I was breathing heavy.

   Adam sat up and put his hands on the side of my face and wiped some of the tears off.

   "Clair, what happened? Tell me what happened." He kept repeating. he pulled me into his lap and was hugging me to him.

   "It was a nightmare. A-and Parker, he, H-He. It was just like we are now, Y-you were here with me. P-Parker he, he's s-shot you." I said. But that wasn't the full dream. "Then H-He forced me t-to finish you off." I finished.

   "Babe, I'm right here. I know you would never do that. It's okay." He said.

   "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I said.

   "You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't actually hurt me and neither did Parker." He said. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

   Maybe this is a sign, maybe we shouldn't be pretending to be together. But the idea of not being with him hurts me. Am I really falling for him. Surly I'm not, I haven't even been here all that long. I mean I haven't even fully gotten over Alex. And last time I loved someone it got him killed.

   But I can't help feeling like this. Adam is a good guy, and I think I might like him. I just don't want to be the reason he gets shot. Especially when the bullet isn't meant for him.

   "Clair, are you okay?" He asked.

   I nodded slowly and he looked at me carefully. "I'm okay." I said.

   "That wasn't your dream was it, you changed something." He said. He was right.

   "No, I didn't. I-I was telling the truth." I said.

   "No, you weren't. but I'm not gonna force you to tell met what it was. Let's just go back to sleep." He said laying back pulling me on top of him.

   I listened as his hear beat kept a steady tempo and his breathing evened out. I traced slight patterns on his chest as I thought about the real events that played in my dream. I needed to talk to Kayla about it.