26: Three Months

(Clair's p.o.v.)

   My eyes shot open and I started coughing. I sat up some and looked around me. There was a guy sitting in a chair next to the bed with his hand in mine. He was really super cute, but why was he in here with me. I tapped him lightly on the shoulder and he sat up rubbing his eyes sleepily.

   When he noticed me his eyes shot open and he leaned forward and kissed me. His lips were warm and soft, and he kissed me with so much passion. I didn't know what to do so I just kissed him back.

   When he finally pulled away he smiled at me and his hand caressed my face. "It's so good to see you awake babe. I missed you so much Clarity." He said softly.

   "I-Is good to see you too I guess. But don't call me Clarity. Who are you exactly?" I asked.

   A look of hurt crossed his face. "W-what do you mean?" He asked me furrow in his eyebrows.

   "I have no idea who you are, or why you kissed me. Why did you kiss me? Oh no, Alex is gonna be so mad at me." I said going off topic.

   He got up and left the room slamming the door which made me jump. Was it something I said?

(Adams p.o.v.)

   I told the doctors she was awake then told all our friends. When I made it back into her room the doctors were checking her vitals and I sat in a chair bouncing my leg.

   "I'm confused, what happened?" She asked. I looked up in shock.

   "You don't remember?" I asked her.

   She shook her head. "Last thing I remembered was movie night with Alex, then I woke up." She said. "Why? What happened?"

   "You were shot, three months ago, then you went into a coma." He said.

   "Where am I?" She asked.

   "You're in the hospital, in California. You've been in a coma for three months. You're boyfriend never left your side." The doctor explained.

   "But Alex isn't here, Alex is my boyfriend." She said shaking her head with a confused smile.

   "No Clair, your boyfriend is Adam. He's standing right next to you." He said.

   "I've never met him before in my entire life." She said giving a nervous smile. A tear made its way to my eye and anger pulsed in my veins.

   "Does this hospital have a gym?" I asked.

   "Yea, it's just downstairs." The doctor replied. I nodded and left the room again slamming the door.

[}<>{]

   After unwrapping my hands after hitting the punching bag. I wiped the sweat off my forhead and went back upstairs to see Clair. I don't know why she didn't remember me bit I can't be mad at her for it.

   I entered the room and walked up to her. She looked at me with an unreadable look. I sat next to her and grabbed her hand giving it a light squeeze.

   "I know you don't remember me. And it hurts a whole fucking lot to have you not recognize our memories. But I know one thing for sure, they're in there. You can't just fall in live and fight about it. I'm gonna help you remember." I said looking deeply into her eyes.

   "I'm sorry I don't remember. I-I'll try my best. B-but right now my head hurts. I-I just wanna rest." She said softly. I nodded and stood up. I kissed her forhead gently and left the room.

   After making it outside the room I walked up to the doctor and asked why she didn't remember me.

   "Sometimes when people go into a coma they wake up and they don't remember things. It might just be her not remembering, or it could be her brain cutting out everything that's hurt her." He said. I nodded and ran my hands through my hair.

   I sat in a chair outside her room and stared at the door until Cheyenne came over and put a hand on my shoulder. I wiped off a tear that made its way to my eye before standing and turning to her.

   "I know it's hard for you that she doesn't remember you, but you have to help her." She said.

   "You have no idea what I feel. How do you just forget you love someone. It's been three months and I waited every day for her. When she woke up all I wanted was for things to resume and we could pick where we left off. But she still thinks she's dating Alex. She doesn't know he's dead. Who's gonna tell her that?" I asked.

   "I will." Said someone behind Cheyenne. I looked and my eyes met with Kayla's. "I mean if she remembers Alex she'll remember me." She continued.

   I nodded and sat back down in my chair as Kayla walked in the room. I heard a squeal of excitement as the door closed.

[}<>{]

   After sitting outside that room for an hour Kayla opened the door and stepped out with tears in her eyes.

   "She said she had a headach, but she wants to see you. I told her that Alex was dead and about everything by the way." she said, a tear threatened to fall. I gave Kayla a small hug before walking back into Clarity room.

   "Hey. I don't know if a, if you knew this but I got my boyfriend killed. Oh yea, you're my boyfriend. I-I don't really know what's going on right now but I r-really need someone to hold me. I-I know that you're probably mad because I don't remember you bit please. Maybe if you hold me I will. Please." She cried.

   "Don't cry, I'll lay with you. It's okay." I responded and sat next to her on the bad and wrapped her in my arms and she buried her head in my chest and cried.

   "I-I want to remember. I want things to go back to normal." She cried. "My head hurts so bad."

   "It's okay. You'll remember soon. just sleep now. You'll headach will go away." I said softly and I kissed her forhead.