Chapter 1: Like A Father

Alex's P.O.V.

I shot curses left and right. They were closing in. Death Eaters all around me. I watched as Remus deflected the curses flying right at us. But it was no use. There were to many. I heard the screams of my friends from every angle of the room. It was still better than the silence. When they were silent I knew they were dead. From the corner of my eye I saw another Death Eater appear. "Avada Kedavra!" He shouted.

"Remus watch out!" He turned just in time for the curse to hit him directly in the chest. He stumbled back a little starring at me. Then as the light left his eyes he fell to the ground.

"REMUS NO!!!!" I fell to the ground next to his body. lifting his head in my hands I weeped. "SOMEONE HELP US!! PLEASE." I called out for anyone but in turn I only heard silence...silence. I looked up and all around me were the lifeless bodys of my friends. I stumbled to my feet and walked through the room in the department of mysteries. When I spoke my voice was nothing but a sorrowful mumble. "Tonks? Mad Eye? Harry? George? Marissa?" I walked past their bodys and not one answered me. I walked further and sure enough everyone I had ever loved was lying dead on the floor. Then I saw it. I collapsed to the ground and hugged his body to me. "Severus? SEVERUS WAKE UP!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS SEVERUS GET UP!!! Please......open your eyes..." My tears came faster and harder as I sat there and screamed and begged the man I love to wake up. But I knew it wasn't going to happen. "NO!!! SEVERUS! NO!!"

"Alex wake up!" I bolted up in the bed. My face was hot and tears poured in a never ending stream. "Alex shhhh calm down I'm here I'm here its okay." Remus pulled me to him and hugged me tight. "Its okay. It was just a nightmare. Everything is alright." I wrapped my arms around him just like I always did. This had become a routine for us.

"It was so real...." I cryed into his chest.

"I know they always are, but it wasn't everything is fine. What was this one about?"

"We were back at the Department of Ministries all fighting again. Except for this time there were more of them Remus. They were all around us. One appeared out of no where and killed you. I screamed for someone to help, but then there was only silence. I walked around the room and everyone I loved was dead! Marissa! George! And... And Severus! It was so real. It was so real." He rocked me back and forth soothingly.

"Well I'm here. Marissa and George are at there homes packing for school I'm sure and Severus is fine doing the same." I pulled back and wiped the tears from my face.

"I know. I'm sorry for this Remus. Every day this happens almost."

"Its no trouble at all. It's not your fault." This time I looked at him and I was horrified by what I saw. His cycle was this week and every night he comes home with some cuts and scrapes, but it was worse this time. There was two large scrapes on his face and several bad bruises.

"Damn it Remus what happened this time?!" He looked down.

"You know I don't know." I looked at him sadly.

"Well come on then." I hopped out of bed and dragged him to the living room. "Sit." I said pointing to the couch.

"Yes ma'am." He said mockingly. I went to my room and over to my makeshift desk. Where i had a couple potions I had left over from last school year. I picked up a wound healing and brought it with me. Then I headed to the kitchen and made an ice pack for his bruises and to take down the swelling. I went back to the living room and stood in front of Remus.

"Here and here." I handed him the potion and the ice pack. He looked at the potion I gave him.

"What is it?" I gave him a look.