Chapter 20: We've Got Work To Do

Alex's P.O.V.

        I stared at Will for several moments not knowing what exactly to say. I guess he took the silence as encouragemnt to continue on because he sat acroos from me in my car after he shut the door behind him. Will stared at the floor and played with his hands for a few moments.

        "Have you..thought about what happened before break.. what happened between us..?"

        "You mean.. the kiss." He nodded. "Well I have actually." I saw a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

        "And..."

        "And, Will I love you. You're a great friend. I don't want to lose you, but... that's just it. You're my friend and I hold that very near and dear to my heart. I value your friendship. I know I haven't spoken much to you over the past few months, but I don't want you to take that personally. I haven't spoken to anyone... After what happened with..M.. I shut everyone out. She was like my sister and losing her jst snapped something in me. Something that took a while to repair again. I'm geting better and that won't be happening again.. if you do chose to stay friends with me after this..." Will stayed silent for what seemed like forever. I could see the wheels turning in his head. After another few minutes he finally spoke up. He took my hands in his gently.

        "Alex... you are never going to lose me. I understand I do. If the feelings aren't there then they just aren't. You can't force them. I won't ask you to. I'd love for us to still be friends. I don't want this to tear us apart." He stared into my eyes as he spoke and it looked like he meant every word. I nodded.

        "Thank you Will." He pulled me close and hugged me.

        "No thank you Alex. A lot of girls wuld have wrote me off after that. You didn't."

        "I'm not like a lot of girls." I said with a chuckle.

        "Don't I know it." We both laughed and sat in comfortable silence for a bit. "Alright we've got some business to take are of." He stated as he clapped his hands together. "You're our captain and you've missed several games including our last one before Christtmas break. The team has really struggled. Without our star chaser and captai we're a bit lost so we need you back. I've been off my game not gonna lie I've sucked, but that will all change. We need our captain back."

        "And you've got her." I said with a smile.

        "Brilliant! Alright our first game is Friday against Hufflepuff now normally I wouldn't say thats much of a threat, but they've thrived off our weakness. You'd be very proud of our little huffpuffs you would. I know you've always had a soft spot for them and they've showed some of their true colors in our last two games. Now, with that being said, you need to cover that week spot with Death-Cap because our next game we're creaming the little buggers. Got it?"

        "Yes Sir Lieutenant." I gave him a mock salute.

        "Ha. Ha. Now we've been running flock formation far too much. It's been our go to in every game."

        "That's only supposed to be for desperate measures!"

        "Yeah well you haven't seen the games. We've surpassed desperate measures before we kick off the ground."

        "Oh dear Merlin... Okay here's what we're going to do. You'll be my new Co-captain. I know Sarah was up for that, but quite frankly I have to keep myself from praying a bludger hits her every game so anyway you'll be my Co. I want an announcement posted in the common room as soon as we get back. We'll have normal pratices along with some extra everyday this week. Now if for some reason they can't make it due to school stuff that's fine I just need to know why. The practices that aren't normally scheduled I'll be a bit more leniant on. I realize people have other stuff going on. Every niht we will have practices fom the time school ends until five. That will give veryone plenty of time to get cleaned up before dinner. After dinner we will have our noral scheduled practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I'll get Snape to book the pitch for the other times."