Chapter 14: Words Unsaid

Alex's P.O.V.

    All air fled my lungs as my body hit the stone, hard. I couldn't breathe or move. My entire body ached. I was staring up at the sky just outside the infirmary. What was that? How did I get in the infirmary? What did that? Before anymore questions could fill my head I felt my body being pushed again, but this time instead of floating I was sliding along the pavement. Fast. The stone scratched at my arms and legs as the force pushed me farther, ripping my bandages and pulling them off. "ALEX!" I heard Severus yell as he and Remus came rushing out of the doors of the school. I screamed as the rocks cut into my legs and arms scraping my skin right off.

    "Severus! Help!" I clawed at the pavement trying to find anything to hang onto, but instead, my finger nails only broke and split up the sides as blood poured from them.

    "Alex we're coming!" Remus yelled.

    "Dad! Please!" I cried as the force pushed me further onto the grounds and towards the gate. I saw him stop for a moment and look at me before quickly recovering and running after me again.

    "Where is it coming from Remus?! Do you see anything?!"

    "No!" They shot spells, blindly. Hoping to hit whatever was causing this, but they were aiming the wrong way. I wasn't being pulled to the gates I was being pushed.

     "THE SCHOOL! ITS COMING FROM THE SCHOOL! I'M BEING PUSHED TO THE GATES!" I screamed as tears trailed down my face, a mixture of pain and fear. They turned around and stopped running. I felt myself being lifted off the ground once again as I neared the gates. I was going to go over the gate! "Severus! Dad! Please help me!"

     "We're trying! Alex! We can't find the source!" Severus yelled, panic coated his voice. I was being lifted higher and higher. Almost high enough to go over the gates. Suddenly there was a pop and my grandfather appeared at the gates, a serious look on his face. He stomped his foot and shoved his hands forward. A blue stream of light shot from his hands and formed a dome around the entire grounds after it coated over every inch of it with its magic. Almost immediately I started falling again, even faster then before because I was higher this time. The fall would kill me. My grandfather pointed his long nimble finger at me and I stopped falling instantly. For a moment I hovered, before slowly, descending to the ground. I layed there, catching my breath, and trying to stop the tears and shaking. One side of my face was skint badly along with my arms and legs that hardly had skin left on them. "Alex!" I could hear Severus running toward me. He dropped down by my side and looked at my wounds. "Are you okay?" I nodded trying to hold back anymore tears.

      "I'm fine." But my shaking told a different story. "Just... shook up."

      "Come on. Lets get you back to the infirmary." I watched him reach down and to pick me up. When he did I instantly felt better. So many feelings washed over me, tears formed in my eyes, and guilt tugged at my heart. He started walking and stared down at me. I looked up at him, my eyes swimming with tears.

      "I'm so sorry." I said barely above a whisper.

      "Shhh we'll talk about it later. Right now, relax." A few tears streamed down my face and I looked away, unable to face him, but what I saw wasn't much better. Remus was standing there staring at me with the same look on his face as when I called him dad. Maybe I shouldn't have. I didn't mean to. It just came out. I was as surprised as him. He didn't look horrified or anything just surprised and in deep thought. I closed my eyes. I couldn't look at them anymore. Shame washed over me. I didn't even think of them when I did what I did. Well I did think of them.. I just had kept myself away so long I made myself believe they wouldn't care as much, but the looks on their faces said it all. I had torn them apart. I had hurt them. I spent so much time trying to protect them from someone else I ended up hurting them more than anything. I felt as if I may be sick. The two people who mean the world to me I've let down. I opened my eyes when I felt myself being laid down on something soft. I was back in the infirmary. I saw Remus walk in and my grandfather stopped at the door. He ran his wand along the space in the entrance then turned to me and walked over. He examined my wounds.