Chapter 8: A Good Way To Heal

BEFORE YOU READ THIS! Things get a little intense between Sev and Alex so fair warning.

Alex's P.O.V.

       It was Severus' voice that pulled me out of my peaceful and drug filled sleep. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I looked around the room. Ah the infirmary. I should have a permanent bed in here.

        "Sir I don't understand why I cant just see her." Will's voice rang threw the large room. He sounded a bit upset, like he was trying to hold it in.

         "Like I have said, Mr. Everett, she is sleeping. She doesn't need to be disturbed by foolish dunderheads such as yourself."

          "And what makes me foolish? That I am concerned for my friend?"

         "You're walking a thin line Everett. Leave. Now. I don't want to see you back here. Have I made myself perfectly clear?"

         "You've made something perfectly clear..." I heard him mumble as he walked away. Severus took a deep breath and walked back to the chair next to my bed. I looked over to him. I don't think he had realized I was awake. His expression softened a bit when he saw me. I smiled at him.

         "Hey." I rubbed my extremely dry throat that made my voice crack as I spoke. He handed me the glass of water next to my bed. "Thank you."

          "How are you feeling?" I tried to sit up, but soon realized that wasn't going to work. Every muscle in my body ached. "I think that answers my question." He pulled a vial out of his pocket and handed it to me. "This should help." I took it from him and drank the potion slowly.

            "How long have I been sleeping?"

            "A couple hours. You missed lunch. Would you like me to get you something?"

            "I do feel a bit hungry." Severus snapped his fingers and Dobby the House Elf appeared. I smiled. When I used to go to the kitchen at night after a nightmare Dobby was always the first to greet me and fix me a late night snack. "Well hello there sir." Severus looked at me with a quirked eyebrow and Dobby looked down sheepishly, his big eyes glued on the floor. I knew he loved that.

            "Why is Mistress Dumbledore in the hospital?" He asked me walking a little closer. He was only as tall as the bed.

            "I had a bit of nasty run in with someone, but I'm alright."

            "Forgive me ma'am, but Dobby heard you were cursed with..... the crutiatous...." He whispered the last few words as if they terrified him.

           "Yes I was, but I'm alright."

            "Awfully glad to hear it ma'am. How can Dobby be of service to you today?"

           "Well, I slept through lunch and I was wondering if I could trouble you for something to eat."

           "No trouble at all ma'am. Dobby will fix Mistress Dumbledore her favorite." I chuckled a little.

           "Thank you Dobby."

           "Yes ma'am." With a snap of his nimble little fingers he was gone.

           "So I take it you two have met before?"

          "Yeah, When I was in my third year. Ever since then he's fixed me probably a thousand late night snacks when I couldn't sleep."