1.

Kristoni Barnes
June 9th

I watched as my entire world slept next to me, my daughter Charli.

I easily forget that she is a result of a toxic relationship, but our matching scars cause me to revisit those memories every day.

I pushed some of her curls out of her face while allowing her to sleep peacefully.

There was so much going on in this crazy world that I didn't want her to be a part of, but I had no choice.

Here I was at 3 AM unable to return to my slumber, because of my past and present that haunts me.

As I was watching Charli rest in her peaceful slumber, I heard the front door slam causing the walls to shake throughout the house.

I shut my eyes tightly hoping that it would give off the impression that I was in a deep slumber.

My breath quickened as my bedroom door abruptly opened.

"I know your ass isn't sleeping. Put her in her room."

I didn't budge.

"I know your ass heard me. Get the fuck up," He said while gripping my arm roughly and yanking me up from the bed.

I did as he told, and picked up my daughter's sleeping body. She didn't budge as I moved her from my bedroom to hers.

I gently placed her in her bed and kissed her forehead.

"I love you sweets."

I finished tucking her in and turned around to only be met with Cain's gaze as he leaned against her doorframe.

"Get the fuck in the room," he growled while watching me with his piercing eyes.

Unfortunately, Cain and I are involved with one another for 15 years, due to us having a daughter together

Unfortunately, Cain and I are involved with one another for 15 years, due to us having a daughter together. I never regret the birth of my daughter, but I do regret having Cain as her father. He was nothing but an evil, money-hungry, and selfish individual.

But he would give the world to his daughter. It's like he put on this mask just for her.

I took my time dragging my feet back to the room simply because I didn't want to deal with Cain tonight.

When I peeked into my bedroom, Cain wasn't in sight so I took that as my opportunity to get in the bed and try to catch up on some much-needed sleep.

Before I could get comfortable in my slumber, I was shaken awake by Cain's demanding voice.

"Where the fuck was you at tonight?" he said while ripping the blanket clear off of my body.

I sighed in defeat, "I was here taking care of our daughter and I didn't feel like doing that shit tonight Cain," I said while turning back over.

Wrong move.

He yanked me back over to him by my neck. "I wasn't done talking to you was I? And you don't have a choice in what you feel like doing, you go out there when I say you go the fuck out there. Fuck is wrong with you?"

I rubbed my neck where I knew there would be colorful bruises in the morning.

"I don't want to do that shit anymore Cain."

"You gon' do what the fuck I say regardless. And just for your ass talking crazy out the side of your neck, get dressed and go make up for the shit you didn't do tonight."

I knew that I had no say in what happened tonight, whether I wanted to do it or not, so I got out of the bed with no protest and proceeded to get dressed for the night.

"And don't go out there in some ugly shit cause' you don't feel like doing it," he said while watching me get dressed. I felt disgusted.

I threw on what I thought was reasonable enough for him. "Satisfied?"

"Yeah, bring yo ass over here."

I hate how aggressive this man was with every single thing that he did.

I walked over to where he was sitting on the bed, unaware of what his next move was going to be.

I felt a hard slap on my ass that made me wince in pain.

"Ima give you the addresses for tonight." I rolled my eyes and snatched my body away from him, only for him to pull me back.

"Don't fuck with me tonight Kristoni," he said while gripping my wrist tightly.

I winced in pain. "I hear you, Cain."

Before I left out, I went back into Charli's room. I sat on the edge of her bed as I brushed her hair out of her face.

"Mommy loves you so much," I whispered before kissing her forehead and softly closing her door.

I wasn't even five steps out of my apartment before I received a text message from Cain with the addresses I had to visit tonight.

As I got in the car, I placed my forehead on my steering wheel. I was extremely tired, but I knew that I had to do this regardless of how I felt.

"Just do it for Charli," I whispered to myself as I started the car.

I drove through the quiet downtown Summer streets in Washington D.C., noticing no one on the streets but the homeless, drug addicts, and local corner drug dealers.

I sighed as I pulled up to the St.Regis hotel, knowing that I was probably dealing with some rich white man.

Cain ran what is pretty much a modern prostitution business, that he tries to make look as legal as possible.

I pulled into the parking garage and fixed my attire as I made my way to the top floor presidential suite. I knocked on the door awaiting for whoever was behind the door to open.

The door opened revealing an older white gentleman as I suspected, probably the owner of some big-time business or something.

"I believe that I was requested by you?" I said while leaning against the door frame.

"Yes I did, I see I picked a nice one," he said while sending a wrinkly smile my way.

I inwardly cringed in disgust. This was going to one of those long nights.

Body one of many.

New Story Alert !