27.

Kristoni Barnes

April 27th, 3:45PM

"Girl when were you were you going to tell me that you're pregnant?! Look at youuu!" Teyana's loud ass yelled as she met me as I got out of my car. She invited me to come with her to get our nails done at her new shop that she recently opened not too long ago.

I turned to the side and posed, showcasing my visibly round stomach for her. Dr. Martinez was right, within the past two weeks my little peanut has grown so much. If you couldn't tell that I was pregnant before, you could definitely tell now.

"Girl and lil mama got you gettin' a lil' thicker already!"

I laughed at her. "You think it's a girl?" I asked as I followed her into the shop. I loved how all the nail technicians that she had in here were black. Not hate to the Asian-owned nail salons, but black people need to have something of their own too.

"Hun, I know it's a girl. Trust me. We getting both mani's and pedi's," she said to a younger looking girl behind the counter. We followed her over to the pedicure bowls and sat down.

"Well I don't know, because this one is growing much quicker than how Charli was growing when I was pregnant with her. That's why I'm thinking it may be a boy, but only God knows," I said while sticking my feet into the warm water.

"What do you and Dave want?"

"For some reason  I think it's a girl, but Dave said he'll be happy with whatever we have. We find out in two weeks at my next appointment."

"Y'all aren't doing a little gender reveal or something?"

I shook my head, "No, I really wanted to keep it a little intimate moment for us. Especially since it's his first."

"I'm surprised he hasn't said anything on Instagram about you being pregnant or anything, but then again I'm not. He's a private person."

"Thank God, I really don't want this to be public yet. I want to enjoy my pregnancy in privacy, without any interruptions. It's supposed to be a peaceful process, and I've never dealt with anyone who's always in the public eye like he is. So, hopefully this goes like I want it to."

"That happened while I was pregnant with Junie. I did't want anyone to know besides our immediate family, but low and behold the ShadeRoom always seems to get a hold of some random photo from somewhere."

"They thrive off of being nosey," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You haven't had any bitches come at you crazy talking out the side of their necks yet sis? I know they know about you, cause you're on his page."

Shaking my head, I responded. "Nope, not at all. I rather not deal with any of that shit anyways." I said before deciding on a plush pink gel color for my toes. I was tired of getting white.

"I don't blame you, trust me. These lil' bitches be flocking all over Iman," she scoffed. "The lil NBA groupie hoes are the worst."

"I couldn't imagine."

We continued to talk about everything under the sun until our nails were completely finished.