29.

David Brewster
June 4th, 2:07 AM

I watched as Kris' body fell limp on the floor, as blood began to leak out of her stomach. I pushed anything and everyone out of my way and made sure I got to her first.

I fell on the floor next to her drowning out all of the screams in the background. I grabbed her head propping it up, as I tapped on her face with one hand and applying pressuring to her wound making her eyes pop back open.

"C'mon mama keep your eyes open, you gotta stay with me!" I felt tears full of anger and hurt pooling at the bottom of my eyelids.

She looked down at her stomach before panicking, "Our - our baby," she managed to choke out. "Baby she gon' be fine and you gon' be straight too," I said trying to convince myself more than her.

"Man somebody fuckin' help me!" I yelled, before taking my shirt off and carefully tying it tightly around her stomach to try to stop the bleeding.

"Cmon man I got the truck waiting outside, we can't wait for no fuckin' ambulance," Bully said rushing over to me.

I carefully picked her up holding on to her tightly as we made our way towards Bully's Tahoe.

"Aye move the fuck out of the way!" Bully yelled as we plowed through the crowd, making everyone part ways. I blocked Kristoni's face from all the flashes of the cameras from people taking videos.

I carefully placed her in the backseat before sliding in after, keeping the pressure on her stomach. I looked down at her staring back at me with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry baby, she's still there. I know she is," I said kissing her forehead & wiping her tears. As I felt angry tears start to fill my eyes.

"I'm pullin' up there in 10 minutes, keep her awake," Bully yelled back at me, as he swerved through traffic.

"I'm trying," I heard Kris whisper as I looked back down at her.

"You doin' fine Kris, just breathe," I looked down at her.

She looked up at me before grabbing my face is her hands, "You don't cry either pookie." She said trying to force a small smile on her face.

That 10 minutes felt like an hour, before we pulled up to the Emergency Room entrance. Bully was already running inside to grab people and before I knew it a swarm of nurses came running out with a stretcher with them, as I climbed out of the car.

Grabbing Kris, with the help of everyone else, we placed her on the stretcher. I held onto her hand as I walked along the stretcher with her. She looked into my eyes with tears falling down her cheeks and I could tell that she was more than scared.

I squeezed her hand letting her know that I was still here. I continued to hold on until I noticed her grip was getting looser and her eyes began to close.

"C'mon Kris baby, stay with me. Keep your eyes open," I said while squeezing her hand tighter.

Her arm began to go limp and her hand fell out of mine.

"Sir, you cannot go past this point, we need for your to wait in the waiting area," she said pointing back towards the lobby.

I looked back towards the waiting area, noticing Bully standing there before nodding his head towards me to come back. I turned back to the grip I had on Kris, and reluctantly let go.

I made my way back towards where Bully was sitting and sat down in one of these uncomfortable ass chairs. Running my hands down my face, I blew out a loud frustrating breath before kicking the chair in front of me.