3.

Kristoni Barnes
June 10th, 8:45 PM

I screamed and kicked as Cain dragged me around my bedroom by my hair. He stopped and pulled me up to his face by my neck.

"Stop all of that fucking screaming before I give you something to scream about. Before you wake Charli up," he said before throwing me back down.

My scalp was throbbing from the death grip he had on my hair, and a headache was beginning to form.

He was upset with me claiming that I was being disrespectful earlier when he had company here. If anyone was being disrespectful, it was his inconsiderate ass. Don't bring anyone in my place of residence that I pay for, without telling me.

"Clean yourself up, we have somewhere to be in an hour," he said while pushing me back over causing my head to hit the corner of the bed.

I could feel a warm liquid running through my scalp, as I touched my head and noticed the red liquid on my fingers.

"I'm not going anywhere, Charli isn't feeling well," I said while standing up and grabbing my head. "Who's going to watch her?"

"Get your friend to watch her or something."

"She's not her daughter, she's our daughter. So that means that she is our first priority, not whatever you're trying to do tonight that's not important."

"What the fuck I say? Call that bitch."

I sighed and reluctantly called Kendra, hoping that she wouldn't pick up so I could stay home with Charli.

But of course, nothing goes in my favor.

"Hey girl, you okay?" She asked as soon as she answered the phone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But I need some help with Charli."

I got up and walked out of the room since I didn't want Cain hearing my conversation.

"Cain is making me go somewhere with him tonight and I need someone to watch Charli. It's okay if you can't," I said hoping she would say that she's busy.

"No, that's completely fine. I'll do anything for her." She got quiet for a minute. "He's not making you go out there again... is he ?" She said lowly.

I sighed in frustration getting sick to my stomach thinking about it.

"I hope not," I said while pulling on one of my curls.

"Okay, well I'm about to leave to come pick her up."

We exchanged a few more words before I went to go get Charli ready and pack her overnight bag.

I turned on a movie to keep her occupied while I finished getting myself together.

Shortly after I finished getting ready, I heard a knock on the front door and I knew it was Kendra. So, I grabbed Charli and her overnight bag and walked towards the door.

Before I could reach the door, Cain had already beat me to it. I watched as he opened the door and gave Kendra a look that I couldn't read, while she just stared back at him.

I shrugged it off while I lead Charli to the door with me.

I bent down to her level, "You're going to have a sleepover with Tee Tee Kenny okay?"

She nodded her head in response. "Are you sleeping over too mommy?"

I smiled and kissed her forehead, "No sweets, but I'll be there to get you tomorrow okay?"

I kissed her forehead as she nodded her head in response.

I stood back up to Kendra's level so I could tell her about her medicine.