10.

Kristoni Barnes
October 8th, 9:15 AM

Here I was standing in Reagan National waiting to board my plane to JFK. Somehow Dave had convinced to come to spend my birthday weekend with him in New York. I was currently waiting with my Aunt and Charli since they couldn't pass through TSA. Charli was going to spend the weekend with my Aunt Steph as she normally did.

After the small car accident that I had last week, I've been paying attention to my surroundings a little more. It had been in the back of my mind that I was being watched, but I didn't think Cain would go as far as trying to hurt me while his daughter was in the car with me.

But he's always full of surprises.

"Are you going to have fun with Tt this weekend?" I asked Charli while playing in her hair.

"Yes, but I want to go with you mommy," she pouted and she folded her arms.

I couldn't deny that I was going to miss my baby girl also. This was the first time that I had been away from her for more than a day in a long time. And with all this shit happening right now, I'm a little hesitant on leaving both of them alone.

But I'm praying nothing happens to them in the short time that I'm gone.

"I'll be back before you know it," I assured her.

I continued to spend a little more time with the both of them until it was close to my boarding time. I said my goodbye's before making my way to the terminal.

Dave had paid for my round trip to the city and back for this weekend, regardless of how long I argued with him about it. He wouldn't budge and told me he was doing everything because it was my weekend to get treated.

After about an hour, I had arrived safely in New York. I had already texted Dave and let him know that I had landed while I waiting for my luggage. After grabbing my things, I made my way outside of the airport and noticed him leaning against the hood of his car. When he saw me, he smirked and made his way towards me.

"Long time no see," he pulled me into his arms making me bury my face into his chest. My eyes mentally rolled to the back of my head as I inhaled his intoxicating scent.

I'm not going to lie, I actually missed his physical company over this past month. The Facetime calls were nice, but nothing is better than being with someone in person.

"I missed you Kris," his deep voice rumbled against my body as he was still hugging me. I pulled my head back and raised my eyebrow at him. He took the words right out of my mouth.

I folded my arms, "Did you really?"

He chuckled, "You don't believe me?" He asked as he put my things in the trunk.

I got in the car and looked at him in the corner of my eye. "I didn't say all of that, but it's hard to believe that with you being surrounded by all of these women everywhere you go," I shrugged. "I see you on Instagram."

"Just cause I take pictures with women, don't mean they occupy my time," he said while licking his lips at me.

I hope I didn't just come off as jealous because that was the last thing that I was trying to do right now. Not trying to give him the wrong impression of me, although it was already too late for impressions.

I threw my hands up in surrender as I chuckled at his statement. This was a grown man who knew what he wanted.

"So like I said before," he started, "I missed you Kris."

"I missed you too Dave," I smiled at him.