Chapter Two

JADE'S P.O.V

The bell rang and Leigh-Anne walked away faster than you can say dingleberry. The fifth harmony girls rolled their eyes and walked away. 

"I'm so over them," Jesy says, picking up her bag and swinging it onto her back.

"I think the whole school agrees with you," Perrie laughs and gives Jesy a peck on the lips.

I put my backpack on and head to my classroom. I walked in and it smelt like old ladies perfume, Mrs. Grundy was an old grumpy woman who put too much perfume on.

Rollmark was always my least favorite part of the day. Zayn Malik and Gigi Hadid were also doing their fair share of PDA. Of course, there is Camila Cabello, who is walking into class late. She was a former member of Fifth Harmony but decided that she wanted to dominate the school by herself and that is exactly what she does. She knows everyone's weaknesses, which I don't even know how she does but good thing I'm in her good books. 

"Morning Jade," she says and takes a seat in the desk next to mine. 

I smile at her and the teacher groans. The old lady went through the notices that we needed and then we had about three minutes to talk. 

"So Jadey, I'm having a party tonight. You should come and bring that new girl."

"Uh..sure. But it's Monday night?" I question.

"Who cares? Anyways, I'll text you the time and place."

"Okay, cool."

Then the bell went and I picked up my bag and headed for my first class of the day.

***

Lunch was my favorite time of the day, I get to talk with my friends and eat food. What more could be fun? I go to the usual spot near the bus stops. I take a seat next to Jesy who is sitting and writing in one of her school books.

"Forget you had homework?" I giggle.

"Yep!" Jesy sighs but doesn't look up from her book.

I take out my lunch and glance up to see Leigh-Anne has been surrounded by a group of people. At first, I thought that maybe they were her friends, but I was wrong. I started to listen in to the convocation. 

"Why are you black? You don't belong here." A girl spat.

"Go back to where you came from!" Yells another.

I quickly rise from my seat and storm over to the group.

"Back off! Just because she has a different skin tone doesn't mean she doesn't belong here. She's human, just like you!" I yell at the group of people and take Leigh's hand. 

We go back and sit down and Leigh puts her head down on the table. I rub her back gently.

"They are so sick," Jesy says, shaking her head.

By now, Perrie had joined us and said, "Don't listen to them babe, you are perfect the way you are."

"You know what? We should go to Camila's party tonight!" I say and Leigh-Anne lifts her head up.

"Jade, why would I want to go to a party with the people who are bullying me?" She says, her voice cracking at the word, bullying.

"Well this is your chance to show off how amazing you really are," I say and flash her a smile.

"Alright," she mumbles and pulls her bag up to her knees.

The rest of the lunch we talked about what we should wear and joked around. Leigh stayed silent and only chipped into the convocation a few times. I can tell she didn't have many friend's back home and that's probably why she moved here.