Chapter Eleven

L E I G H ' S  P O V
Hot tears welled up in my eyes as I stormed away from Jade. I was mad with her but I also wanted her to just hug me. I had my mother fooled, telling her everything was okay at school but now the principal is going to call home and I'll have to face a long talk about schools.

My family is not rich so it's not like they can afford a new school with new uniforms. It took them over three years to get up and move away from High Wycombe. I mean, of course homeschooling is an option and I'm seriously considering it. My legs had carried me to the girls bathroom, I sighed and opened the door. There stood Lauren and Dinah fixing their hair. My eyes widen and my heart began to beat fast.

Just as I go to turn around and her Lauren's voice call out.

"Well well, look who it is," she says, walking toward me, Dinah following.

"I just want to wash my hands please," I say, quietly.

"We don't care," Lauren said and she kept walking until I backed into a corner.

"No-one cares," Dinah spat.

"Original," I say, sarcastically. Big mistake.

"What did you just say to me?" Dinah said, grabbing my wrist, I tried to wiggle out of it but every time I moved, her nails dug into skin.

She pulled me into a bathroom stall and threw me on my knees. I tried to get up but she pushed me back down. She grabbed my head and started to push it towards the toilet.

"STOP!" I pleaded, trying to break free of her grip on my head but she was too strong.

She pushed my face into the toilet bowl and tears were streaming down my face and I heard the toilet flush and water came rushing down on my face. I choked on the water, I wanted to throw up. I put my hands on the toilet seat, trying to push away from Dinah's grip but she was too strong. Finally the water stopped flowing and Dinah moved her hand away from my head.

"That was too funny," Lauren said, looking at her phone.

Great, she was filming. The two girls high five and walk out. My lips began to tremble and I slammed the toilet door shut and lock it. Tears slide down my cheeks and I sit on the cold bathroom floor, my knees huddled into my chest.

I began to weep and all my emotions just came pouring out. At this very moment I wanted the ground to swallow me up into a hole. I heard the door swing open and I quickly shut my mouth, stopping all the ugly crying sounds coming out.

"Have you seen the video?" One of the girls asks.

"Yeah, it's so funny," one of the other girls chuckle and I feel my stomach drop.

The bells sounds, signalling the students to go to class. But I didn't. I didn't move from my huddled spot on the bathroom, I didn't want to move. I couldn't face walking into a classroom and everyone looking at me, calling me some stupid name like 'toilet face'. I cried silently into my knees. I wanted to die. I reach for my phone and pull up the messages I got last night. Kill Yourself. I mean, why not?

The door swung open, interrupting my thoughts. I stayed quite.

"Leigh-Anne?" I heard a familiar Geordie accent call out.

"Leigh, you in here?" I here another, less thick British accent.

"This was the toilet that it happened in right?" Jesy questioned.

"Yeah. Look. It's a closed stall!"

I heard footsteps and a slight knock on the door.

"Leigh, is that you?" Jade asks.

"Y-yeah," I say quietly.

There was a moment of silence. Jesy and Jade probably were exchanging looks. Then there was inaudible whispering that I couldn't understand.

"Open up the door sweetie," Jade demanded.

I let out a sigh. I didn't want to move so I said, "I don't feel like talking."

"I don't care if you don't feel like talking Leigh-Anne. I care about your feelings though, so open up!" Jesy demanded.

I saw through the crack at the bottom that Jade stomped on Jesy's foot which made me chuckle mentally. I let out a loud sigh and reached my arm up to the lock on the door. I unlocked it to see my two friends standing there.

"Come on," Jade says, reaching for my arms and helping me up.

I looked into her choclate brown orbs and I just broke down. Tears came streaming down my face and I was making ugly cry sounds again.

"It's okay, it's okay," Jade said, pulling me into a hug and stroking my hair.

Jesy wrapped her arms around my torso and hugged me tight. I cried and cried. It felt nice being in a loving embrace.

"I can't deal with this pain anymore. Wherever I go, it follows," I cry, my head was nuzzled into Jade's chest.

"It will all be over soon," Jesy said in a soothing tone.

"It won't," I yell, pulling away from their grip.

"For six years I've been taunted, teased, pushed, shoved. Everyone tells me 'it will get better'. It doesn't! It just gets worse and worse. I can't do it anymore!" I yell and cry at the same time.

I feel my knees give in and I drop to the floor. Jade dropped to her own knees, but of course more gracefully. She pulled my up to her chest and kissed my forehead.

"As long as you are with me, it will all be okay," she said.

"Awh, you guys!" Jesy said in awe.

Jade and I's cheeks burn up and we I sit up from her chest.

"Are you guys a thing?"

"We've kissed twice," Jade said, shyly.

"Uh, finally," Jesy laughs.

"We should get back to class," I suggest, standing up.

"Good idea. See you lovebirds later," Jesy winks and walked out of the bathroom.

"Thank you, Jade," I say and pull her close to me.

"Anything for you," Jade flashes a small smile and I kiss her lightly on the nose.

***
Can you believe this chapter was 98% in a bathroom? 😂 also this chapter was trash I'm sorry. I'm going through writers block again which sucks since I just got out of it last week. -R