Meetings

Three days had passed and not much had happened. The most exciting thing to happen was when Sakura's team barged in yelling about something pointless. "Hey, Naruto how much more time we got?" Zulu grumbled as he glared at a sound ninja across the room. This question, however, fell on deaf ears as Naruto was sitting on the ground with his eyes closed. The reason why being that not to long ago Naruto had smelt the snake again, but couldn't find where the smell was coming from.

"Grr!" Naruto growled as he jumped to his feet and looked in every direction. Every few seconds he would sniff the air like a dog looking for food. "Naruto what the hell are you doing?" Zulu yelled as he slapped Naruto on the back of the head. Even this did nothing to break Naruto out of his dog search mode.

"What's up with him?" Zulu asked Hinata who looked just as confused as him. Hinata simply shrugged as she followed her teammate out the room. "What I want to know is where he's going!" Hinata said as they followed Naruto into a storage room. The second Naruto walked into the room he looked around for a few seconds, before growling and walking back out.

"Ya know what, fuck it! I'll find 'em later!" Naruto grumbled as he walked back to the contestant waiting area. There they sat for the next two hours, not saying a word, more or less. "Damn it, hurry up already!" Zulu yelled as he walked back and forth.

"Zulu, SHUT IT!" The Hokage boomed from the balcony above. Zulu quickly jumped behind his cousin for cover shaking like a leaf. "M-my bad!" Zulu mumbled from behind Hinata. After their short spout, the Hokage began explaining what was going to happen.

"So in short, we gotta fight whoever they tell us to. Got it Naruto? Kakashi explained to the only on who wasn't listening to the Hokage. Naruto nodded his head in understanding as he looked down from the balcony they were now on. "So who's first?" Naruto asked as he looked round. No one answered, mainly because they too didn't know.

Instead of asking he looked up at the screen behind the Hokage. After a few seconds, the screen stopped on two names. The first was the girl from the sand village and the other was TenTen.

It was a rather quick battle in the favour of the sand ninja. Throughout the whole thing, Naruto and Lee looked ready to jump in and stop the fight but knew that TenTen would never forgive them. Not even that kept the two from being shaky. They were both gripping the bar so tight that it bent under the force.

Sadly the two couldn't restrain themselves when TenTen's best attack was easily countered. As the weapon mistress slowly fell towards the ground, Naruto and Lee suddenly vanished. Naruto kicked the sand ninja into the wall, while Lee quickly caught TenTen. "That's enough, call the match!" Naruto said as he slowly walked away. As he made it back to balcony he was stopped by Lee.

"Naruto, thank you so much for your assistance!" The green clad boy said as he bowed his head slightly. Naruto looked at Lee then back at the screen with the names. At first, he didn't notice the names, but when he did he smiled. "You're very welcome Lee, but it looks like it's our turn!" Naruto said with a huge grin on his face.

"I do not understand, what do you mean it's our turn?" Lee asked as he looked back up at the blonde. Once he saw the screen his face to lit up. "One quick question Lee, are you sure you want to fight me. After all, you know I am much stronger than you." Naruto asked as he looked his opponent in the eye. All Lee did to answer was a nod.

After a slow nod, the two disappeared, only to reappear in the ring below. 'I might want to raise my weights a little, so he'll be able to keep up!' Naruto thought as he smiled at Lee from across the room. It turned out Lee had a completely different idea and took his ankle weights off. Not wanting anyone to know how much they weighed he threw them to Guy.