Meant To Be Yours

A/N: First off, Happy April Fools. Second, I hope you enjoy this weird one shot.

"All is forgiven baby! Come on, get dressed. You're my date to the wing ceremony tonight!" Link tripped over the edge of the bathtub, falling bottom first into it as he backed away from Ghirahim's booming voice on the other side of the door.

"You chucked me out like I was trash, for that you should be dead-" Link weakly shook his head, even thought the other couldn't see him. "But! But! But!"

"Then it hit me like a flash! What if Zelda went away instead? That asshole is the key! She's keeping you away from me. She made you blind, messed up your mind, but I can set you free!" Link let out a terrified yelp as the demon hit the door. The blond warily stood up from his fallen position, afraid the other might barge in at any time.

"You left me and I fell apart. I punched the wall and cried," Ghirahim rested his head against the door, grinning so broadly his fangs were visible. "Bam! Bam! Bam!"

"Then I found you changed my heart and set loose all that truthful shit inside! And so, I built a bomb. Tonight Skyloft is Vietnam!" Link paused from where he had been ransacking the medicine cabinet, his eyes blown wide with fear. The demon couldn't be serious... "Lets guarantee they'll never see there goddess again!"

"I was meant to be yours!"

"No, no, no..." Link whimpered, pill bottles falling noisily to the counter below.

"We were meant to be one!"

"No, we weren't," his voice was barely a whisper. It wasn't loud enough for the demon to hear him.

"Don't give up on me now! Finish what we've begun!" Link could hear the sound of nail taking against the other side of the door and he flinched. "I was meant to be yours!"

"So when the Academy goes boom with everyone inside-" Suddenly, Ghirahim's fist viciously beat against the door three times. "Pchw! Pchw! Pchw!"

Tear began to slip down the blond's cheeks as his hands shook? Why couldn't he find what he was looking for?

"In the rubble of their tomb, we'll plant this note explaining why they died!" Ghirahim cleared his threat over dramatically. "We, the students of this Academy, will die. Our burnt bodies may finally get through to you. Your society churns out slaves and blanks. No thanks! Signed the students of the Academy, 'Goodbye.'"

"Well watch the smoke pour out the doors." Ghirahim shook the door handle, half expecting the male inside the bathroom to have unlocked it by now. "Bring marshmallows, we'll make smores! We can smile and cuddle while the fire roars!"

"Shut up," Link gasped as his fingers finally found purchase on the small knife he kept in the bathroom. He had always kept it for self defense, but it'd have a different purpose now.

"I was meant to be yours!"

Link sat down in the bathtub again, his hands shaking around the knife.

"We were meant to be one!"

His stomach flipped, and he felt like he was going to throw up.

"Finish what we've begun!"

He remembered the first time he and the demon had met. Where had it all gone wrong?

"You were meant to be mine! I am all that you need!"

He heard the desperation in Ghirahim's voice grow, and he hesitated. Could he really do this?

"You carved open my heart! Can't just leave me to bleed!"

But then Link remembered everything they had done. Ghirahim was not a good person, and neither was he anymore. "I'm sorry," he muttered shakily.

"Link, open the-open the door, please. Link, open the door," Ghirahim shouted, his temper steadily rising. "Link, can we not fight anymore? Please, can we not fight anymore?"

He walked away from the door, trying to even his breathing before he came back to it. He tried the doorknob again. It was still locked. "Link, sure, you're scared. I've been there, but I can set you free!" There was still no response.

"Link, don't make me come in there! I'm going to count to three!" He rested his forehead against the door with a bittersweet smile. "One... Two... Fuck it!"

Ghirahim snapped his fingers, reappearing inside the bathroom. However, he froze at the sight of a not-breathing Link laying in the bathtub with blood covering his pale skin.

"Oh my God! No! Link!" The demon dropped to his knees by the bathtub, and grabbed the blond's hand between his own. "Please don't leave me alone, you were all I could trust, I can't do this alone."

He kissed the hand, his lips lingering for a moment. "Still, I will if I must..."

A/N: Lyrics from Meant to be Yours on the Heathers soundtrack.

And wowie, I'm sorry. This must've been so confusing if you're not a Heathers fan.