"I Promise"

I'm making Arthur so mean in this!!
---

In all honesty, he couldn't believe it. The man of his dreams, there in his arms embracing his love. It was just something that he cherished every day and every single day he thought he was dreaming only to wake up to see it again.

"G'morning, Arthur." Alfred said into said man's hair as he opened his eyes.

"Good morning to you too, Alfred." Arthur whispered back hugging closer to the American's chest.

He never remembered what happened before Arthur, life was dark and lonely. Everyone always prefered Matthew over him and called him obnoxious or annoying but then Arthur came in like an angel. He lit up his life and at that moment he truly felt like he was saved from the loneliness and was loved. To make it better was when he asked him out and Arthur accepted without hesitating. Oh he could remember the smiles on both of their faces.

"It's our one year anniversary, can you believe it's been a year?"

"Do you still remember how we met?" He looked up with questioning eyes.

"All the time I think about it, right as rain."

Alfred could never forget that day, because on the same day about a year later was when they made a promise to each other to never let go, to always be there when needed. That promise was repeated so many times in Alfred's head he could never possibly forget it because of how many times he's spent remembering it to never break it. Alfred kept his promises, even if it meant losing something in the process.

"Alfred, could you possibly come home early today?"

"What? But there's gonna be a leaving party for Feliciano tonight."

"Oh..."

"H-hey it's okay! I can just... skip it. What time to need me here by?"

"7:00 PM."

"Of course! Gotta go now though Art, see ya at 7!"

Everything he did, he did it for Arthur just to make him happy. He never wanted to make a mistake that could lead to a problem. So he always made sure to listen to whatever Arthur wanted.

"Arthur..."

"I promise it was only a one-time thing! It wasn't suppose to happen I promise! I love you, Alfred and I'll never do it again! I was drunk, I swear!"

"It's... it's alright! Artie it's okay I totally understand! Love you too."

He said those words so easily without hesitation... those were the first and last words to ever be said to Arthur everyday by him.

"Alfred we were both drunk and I promise it meant nothing, I love you so much!"

But it kept on happening...

"He made a move on me! I didn't want it at all! Promise!"

Again...

"I would never do it to a girl- you know that! I promised you- do you not trust me?"

And again...

"It didn't mean anything I promise!"

He lost count on how many times he's given him another chance.

"Alfred I'm sorry I couldn't make it, my brother called me and really needed my help, I'll make it up to you... I promise."

'I promise'... those were always the words that gave him hope. He knew Arthur never meant to hurt him, as much as it did hurt to not have him by his side when his mother was lowered into the ground. Arthur promised that he loved him.

He kept his promises... right?

"Why can't I go out?!"

"Because you know how it makes me feel when you hang around them!"

"But Alfre-"

"Please don't go, I thought you promised me that you would be here with me."

"But I haven't been out with them for so long!"

"...Fine, just go."

"Alfred..."

"It's fine, just leave..."

"...Okay... I'll... see you in the morning."

It wasn't fair, it never was. No matter how many times he's played with his heart he always forgave him. He always gave another chance because he knew that being angry was never the answer. And he promised him that he would never let go...

"I thought you loved me!"

"I do love you!"

"Then why are you never here?!"

He promised him too. Arthur promised him as well.

"I am always here!"

"No you're not!"

"I don't want to fight with you, Arthur!"

"Then just listen to me!"

His friends are worried about him, everyone is...

"Alfred, I'm a little concerned about you and Arthur, you guys doing okay?"

"We are, Matthew... thanks for your concern."

But what difference does it make?

"Alfred?"

Arthur is everything to him, he promised that he would never let go... and he will never let go.

"Yeah?"

He promised.

"I'm breaking up with you."

Arthur broke his promise.  

---
Word Count: 727

I PROMISE I'M MAKING A PART 2- I PROMISE I AM OMG. Feels bad man I made Arthur so mean and cold in this one. Eh I was having a vibe.

-b