blue.

Arthur lay next to Alfred and sighed. He could hear his soft breaths through the darkness that he could never escape from; feel the small movements in the hand which held his own. After a couple minutes he felt Alfred turn and wrap his arms around him, pulling him close and burying his face in his hair. He always told him how his hair was something called 'blonde' which was some shade of 'yellow'.

However, Arthur was blind. He's been blind for as long as he could remember. He didn't know what 'yellow' was.

Alfred would also tell him how 'green' his eyes were; how they were so beautiful. But Arthur didn't know 'green' either.

Closing his eyes, Arthur took a deep breath and tried to imagine a yellow to know what his hair looked like. A green to know what his eyes would see through. A blue to see the sky and the sea. A red to see the blush on his cheek that Alfred would always call cute whenever he was angry- just any color... would be fine...

It could even be a brown, so he could know what color the taste of chocolate would be. A black for the night sky and a white for the stars that took it up so he could know what constellations were and what they looked like. Even a gray for the sidewalks that he would go onto every morning.

But all he ever saw was nothing.

Maybe that was what black was, but he knew that black was pretty when it wasn't all he could see.

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt a hand on his cheek and a soft murmur in his ears. Arthur didn't realize he was crying.

"Are you okay?"

Arthur paused and bit his lip before hugging Alfred tightly.

"I want to see color."

Alfred was quiet and Arthur thought he was going to get mad at him but instead he sat up. Arthur copied his actions when he suddenly felt something cover his ears. He was going to protest when Alfred kissed him lightly and cupped his face in his hands.

"Wanna know what green looks like?" he asked. Arthur nodded in response and Alfred's hands disappeared.

Immediately, Arthur's ears were filled with a familiar tune of 'Riptide' and he sat there for a moment listening to it when he took off the headphones and asked. "What is this?"

Even through his blind eyes, Arthur could feel Alfred smiling at him.

"That's the color green."

-
Word Count: 406

{i had an idea from a music class i had weeks ago. my teacher said how songs have a color that people can see in them and associate a color with them and yeah... this fic is called blue but i made him see green lol. i see green and blue in riptide and i wanted a more symbolic thing to arthur's eyes so i made it green. i may have failed a little at this but shoot_the_musician wanted fluff so.... fluff??? imma go do some angst now.}

-b