Text Fonts

(for the usukustwiceperyear "Recovery is Possible" event)
-

"I'm at 1000 words now! God I don't think I can do this!"

"Yes, you can, if you actually focus on writing instead of keep complaining about how many words you've typed in."

"But─ I'm at 1007 now─ this is so stupid! I can barely find anything to write about with a question this broad!"

Arthur looked up from his book and sighed. "'Explore how Miller portrays masculinity in A View From the Bridge' is a very clear question if you ask me."

"Well... I'm not asking you, Mr. 'I got an A-star with only 900 words'. And that's not even a question!" Alfred stuck his tongue out at him and turned to continue on his essay.

A few minutes passed until Arthur asked. "How many words are you at now?"

"...987."

"How did it get so low?"

"I had to cut out all the extra words like 'just' and that kind of shit─ fuck! This entire paragraph is just me bullshitting on nothing! How am I supposed to get this done on time?" Alfred leaned back on his chair and groaned, hand on his face.

Arthur got up from the bed and stood behind him, skimming through everything he's written.

"So how is it so far?" Alfred asked through his hands.

It took a while for Arthur to respond, making the other slowly grow nervous until, "...You forgot to capitalize the 'R' in 'Rodolpho',"

Alfred blinked before pushing the Brit away. "Fuck off, you inconsistent piece of trash!" He gritted his teeth making Arthur laugh loudly.

"I'm sorry, Alfred," Arthur wheezed. "Do you really want my help?"

"...Yes."

"Then," he paused. "Change your font size to 11 please, don't disrespect 'Times New Roman' like this─ agh!" Arthur couldn't duck in time until Alfred body slammed into him onto the bed.

"Fuck you, Arthur! Fuck you!" Alfred pulled him into a headlock. "I swear if I didn't love you so much, I would have kicked you in the shins."

Arthur didn't know whether to laugh or take him seriously. "Well then, I appreciate that you didn't."

"You better, because next time I'm seriously gonna mess that gorgeous face up... and not in the sexy way."

"That's nice... now don't you need to finish that essay?" Arthur looked up at him, smiling innocently.

"I don't trust that face but... fine," Alfred quickly leaned down and gave his boyfriend a quick kiss on the nose before releasing him from his grasp and going back to his desk. "Now can you actually help me?"

"Fine," Arthur sat up. "Get some evidence for the third point and bloody hell─ you are not submitting that conclusion, it looks like shit."

"Ouch, harsh."

"You asked for my help, love," he smiled.

Alfred went back to working on the rest of the essay. It took about another half hour until he fist bumped the air in victory. "I finished!" He cried gleefully, submitting the final product. "And I swear if you point out another grammar mistake now I'm gonna fuck you up."

"I won't don't worry..." Arthur raised his hands in surrender and read over the document. "You misspelled 'Beatrice'."

"What? Where─" Alfred scrolled through the pages looking for the error.