An Unexpected Revelation - Part One

So the journey finally begins! It was so much fun to write and also a little sad I must say. 

Read, review and enjoy!

I do not own "The Hobbit" only my Oc.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

The next morning, Amee woke up before anyone else in Bag-end. The other dwarves scattered all around the living room, snoring and breathing heavily. Amee only shook her head and decided to make breakfast before their long journey. As the food cooked on the stove, Amee sat down and wrote a letter to Bilbo. She did not want to wake him up to say goodbye, so a letter seemed fitting to say thank you for his hospitality.

 One after one, the dwarves started to wake up. Thorin didn't want to linger and told them it was about time to get going. Amee packed the rest of her belongings and left the letter in his chair along with the contract.

"Goodbye Bilbo Baggins." Amee whispered before leaving the house. When she arrived at the stables, surprisingly enough, Carmella was ready.

"What is this Carmella? Did you actually listen to me?" Amee asked touching her forehead.

"Not at all Miss." The little hobbit said. Your pony was a menace but the young dwarf over there managed to calm her enough so he could put her gear on." The hobbit pointed behind her, and Amee saw Kili mounting his own pony. Amee did not know what to say or do about that but felt grateful. Amee looked back at Bag-end one more time. She wished that Bilbo would join them... The journey would not be the same without him. Fili came up on Amee's left side.

"So, do you think Bilbo will join us?" Fili asked.

"I don't know... I want to believe he will.." Amee answered and looked away into the forest. Bilbo was her friend and Amee hoped that he would take the opportunity.

***********

When Bilbo woke up, he expected noises from the dwarves but he heard nothing. Bilbo peered out of his bedroom door before walking carefully through his house. It seemed empty.

"Hello?" Nothing. No dwarves, no wizard. No Amee. Bilbo should feel relieved, he got what he wanted and now they all were gone. He could live his life the way he wanted. Then he noticed the contract and the letter, he frowned and opened the letter.

Dearest Bilbo

I wanted to say goodbye to you in person, but I did not want to wake you.

I wanted to thank you for your hospitality and if I can find a way to repay you, I will.

But there is no guarantee I will ever return from this journey and in some way that is fine, because if I would die trying to figure out who I was meant to be in life; then that is the most important thing in life isn't it?

Remember to live your life the way you want and do not be afraid of the unknown, if you do, you can risk the chance of missing out on the greatest adventure of your life.

I wish you the best of luck, Master Baggins, a hobbit I am proud to call a new friend.

Until we meet again,

Amee.

What was he doing? He could not do this. Could he?

***********