Unexpected Help

Another chapter coming your way... 

I do not own "The Hobbit". Only my Oc.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Amee was intently aiming her arrow at the man in front of her, not knowing he had fired an arrow towards Kili.

"It's all right Princess. Just lower your bow, lass." Balin told her and placed a hand on her arm before turning to the man. "Excuse me but you're from Lake-town, if I'm not mistaken."

Amee knew that Balin were up to something and she knew that he knew what he was doing, so she lowered he bow.

"That barge over there... it wouldn't be available for hire, by any chance?" The man looked over at his own boat once and walked over to it.

"What makes you think I would help you?" The man asked as he prepared his boat for departure. Balin put on his best face before replying.

"Those boots has seen better days. As has that coat. No doubt you have some hungry mouths to feed." Balin said with a smile. "How many bairns?"

"A boy and two girls." The man answered and Amee felt a sting in her heart. Did she have any younger siblings? Did she have any other family out there?

"And your wife, I imagine she is a beauty."

"Aye, she was..." The man said and Amee felt bad. She walked over to him and put her arm on his.

"I'm sorry for your loss." She told him truthfully, the man smiled at me and just like that, the anger disappeared.

"Yes, I agree with Amee. I didn't mean to..." Balin started but Dwalin cut his brother off.

"Oh come on, come on! Enough with the niceties." He grumbled making Amee scowl at him.

"What's your hurry?"

"What is it to you?" Dwalin asked back cautiously.

"I would like to know who you are and what you were doing in these lands." The man said.

"We are simple merchants from the Blue mountains, journeying to see our kin in the iron hills." Balin responded. Amee had moved back to Kili at this point.

"Why is he lying?" Amee whispered as she stroked Kili's hair.

"He doesn't want to draw more attention to himself." Fili answered...

"Simple merchants, you say?" Amee knew that the man didn't buy their act.

"We need food, supplies, and weapons. Can you help us?" Thorin asked. The man inspected the barrels the company had used down the river with caution.

"I know where these barrels came from." The man said...

"What of it?"

"I don't know what business you had with the elves but I don't think it ended well..." The man said, looking at each one of us. "No one enters Lake-town but by leave of the master. All his wealth comes from trade of the Woodland realm. He would see you in irons before risking the wrath of King Thranduil."

"Offer him more..." Thorin whispered pleadingly.

"I'll wager there are ways to enter that town unseen." Balin argued and the man gave him a cocky smile.