Unexpected Grief

Back once again! I had big plans about this chapter even before I actually wrote it and I loved it! I hope you'll too!

Please read, review and enjoy!

I do not own "The Hobbit" only my Oc.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

She was in a trance, or that was what it felt like she was. Amee knew that the company would be angry but the hurt in Kili's eyes was the worst. 

When she had finally stopped crying, Arwen took her back to her bedchambers, so Amee could take a bath and change into something clean.

"There is a feast for your company tonight; you do not wish to join?" Arwen asked her as she pulled a comb through her long hair. It always made Amee feel better when her sister did this but not now. Now, her heart was aching and she hated herself for lying to them.

"I don't ever think they will ever forgive me, nor do they want me there." Amee told her, trying not to cry again.

"They will understand why you did what you did. You only did what your father told you to do." Arwen said softly. "And from what I can tell, you have been a great friend and companion this far."

"I think the betrayal they feel runs too deep. Besides you did not see Kili's face when he found out."

"Ah, your little companion you feel so strongly about." Arwen said with a smile.

"And now I have to have a talk with my father. He is keeping something from me." Amee said with a sigh. She took out the drawing of her what she thought was her parents.

"Where did you get this?" Arwen asked making big eyes.

"I found it in a troll cave not far from here. Wait, you've seen this before?" Amee asked frantically.

"Well, yes... The day father found you, it was in the bag you had with you, he told me he would keep it safe until it was time for you to see it." Arwen replied.

"Then why did I find it there? It makes no sense." Amee... stopped herself. "Or maybe it was. I cannot believe he would hide this from me." Before Arwen could stop her, she got up and practically ran out of the bedchamber.

"Neuriel! What are you doing?" Arwen yelled after her.

"Having a talk with dear old father!" Amee yelled back.

"But he has company!"

"I do not care Arwen!"

************

At the feast, the dwarves were rather grumpy about the food. Only green food, nothing else.

"Try it!" Dori said to Ori. "Just a mouthful."

"I don't like green food."Ori replied.

"Where is the meat?" Dwalin looked around.

"Have they got any chips?" Ori asked hopefully.

Kili just sat there picking at his food. He was not in a good mood at the moment and Fili knew why.

"Maybe you should try to eat something, not just shoving it around." Fili told him warily.

"I'm not hungry..." Kili grumbled.

"I think that it is a different reason." Fili tried carefully.