Life As A Hood: An Introduction

(A.N. - The introduction chapter will be in the style of a vlog.)

Hey guys, what's up! If you're new to my channel, welcome! My name is Calum Hood, I'm a vlogger, bassist/vocalist in 5 Seconds Of Summer, and of course, a big brother. If you guys haven't heard yet, I have a little sister, and her name is Jennifer Hood. She's the one & only sibling that I have, and I love her so much. We're currently in the process of moving to New Jersey because we found a better school opportunity for her there. She's currently in her sophomore year of high school, so we're going to wait until the school year finishes before we move.

------A few months later------ (A.N. - The rest of the chapter will be like a regular chapter).

Jennifer's POV

It is now the end of the school year, and I'm feeling really excited to move to New Jersey. Only my brother Calum is moving to New Jersey with me, and our parents are staying in California. I'm honestly really excited to move to New Jersey because it'll be a new experience for me, especially because I've never been to Jersey before. We had most of our stuff shipped to our new house, which our parents bought because they thought that an apartment or condo wasn't a right fit for us, so they bought a house. And luckily the house they bought is just a few blocks from my new school, which is convenient for me because I don't mind walking at all. The only stuff we needed to bring was our suitcases, which we are flying with to New Jersey. Our flight to Jersey was in a few hours, so my brother Calum and I both got dressed and brought our luggages downstairs and outside to the car. Our Mom wasn't able to be with us to bring us to the airport, our Dad just came by himself. "You guys stay safe in New Jersey, you got that?" Dad said to Calum and I. "We got it, Dad. I won't let anything happen to my sister." Calum smiled. We had our bags checked in and we got through security in one piece.

When we got to our gate, Calum called our Dad while I went to use the bathroom and bought some snacks for us before we boarded our plane. By the time I got back to our seats, it was almost time to our board the plane. "Calum, here's your snacks." I smiled as I handed Calum his bag. "Thanks sis." He smiled. "So what did Dad say?" I asked. "Nothing really. All he said was for us to be safe and have fun in Jersey." Calum said. "Ohh ok. I'm starting to miss Mom and Dad already." I said. "Don't worry, sis. They'll come visit us soon, once we're settled in the new house." Calum said. "Well, that's good to hear." I smiled. Our plane began to board so we grabbed our things and stood in line. Once we got on the plane and found our seats, I sat down in my seat and I immediately fell asleep because I was super tired from the day.

------5 hours later------

We have finally landed in New Jersey. We went through everything to get our luggages and grab our Uber. Calum went to call a Uber while I waited outside for it. "Our Uber should be here in 10 minutes." He said. Our Uber came and our driver helped us put the luggages in the trunk. He drove us to our new house, which was about a 10 minute drive from the airport. When we arrived, the driver helped us bring our luggages down and Calum paid the driver, and he left shortly after. Once he left, we finally looked at our house. "Sis, this is amazing. Our house is beautiful!" Calum said. "I agree, Calum. This is a nice house, but, isn't it a little too big for us?" I replied. "Well, it kind of is, but, it's big enough for us to grow into it." Calum smiled. I then noticed a piece of paper on the garage door. Calum walked over to see what it says. "Sis, I think this note is for you." Calum said as I walked over to read the note. *To our dearest baby girl, we know that you're about to go into a new journey here in New Jersey, so, besides the house for you and your brother, your Dad and I decided to get you something else. Look in the mailbox for the garage key and inside the garage, awaits your surprise. Love, Mom and Dad*

Calum went over to the mailbox and grabbed the garage key. "Are you ready to see Mom and Dad's surprise?" Calum smiled. "I'm kind of nervous, to be honest. But Calum, do you have anything to do with their surprise?" I asked. "Maybe, maybe not." He smiled as he clicked the garage key to open. And when it finally opened, my face was in shock. I couldn't believe my eyes. My parents got me a 2016 Jeep Wrangler in the color that I wanted, white. I kneeled on the ground and started crying. "Surprise sis! Dad, Mom, and I knew that you deserved this, so, here you go. These are your keys." Calum smiled as I walked into the garage and tested out my new car.