Chapter 9: These Past 3 Months Were Worth It

Ethan's POV

Month 1: This first month has been so crazy. For the past 4 weeks, I've given Jennifer almost every single thing that she likes, but she doesn't have. I even consulted with her older brother Calum and asked him about what things his sister likes. I got her things ranging from teddy bears, phone cases, jewelry, and even accessories for her car. I would either give them to her in person, or set them on her desk in our history class and wait for her to come and see. I usually arrive to class before she does, so it makes me happy to see her smiling face when she sees the gifts. After class on those days, she would approach me after class. "Ethan, thanks for the gifts." She smiled. "How'd you know it's me?" I replied. "Well, it was kind of obvious, because every time I would look at you when I look at the gifts, you tend to look away every time." She giggled. Ohh, her giggle always makes me smile every second of my day.

Month 2: It's now the second month of me trying my best to ask Jennifer out. I really want her to be my girlfriend, but if it takes time, I am going to wait, no matter how long it takes me. But this month, is going to be a little bit different. This time, I consulted with Jennifer's brother Calum and asked him if I could take his sister out to dinner at least once a week, so I can get to know her a little bit more. He gladly said yes, and he was totally fine with it. During the first week, I took Jennifer out on Wednesday night at one of her favorite Italian restaurants ever, Maggiano's Little Italy. We walked in and we were seated almost right away. When we got to our seat, our waiter handed out the menus and told us about tonight's special. And sure enough, the special was Jennifer's favorite Italian dish, Alfredo with Shrimp. We both ordered the same thing, since we both love Alfredo. For the next 3 weeks, we took turns going to our favorite restaurants.

Month 3: With it being Month 3 of trying to ask Jennifer out, I've been noticing that she's been more nicer towards me. At the beginning, she would be really sweet, and towards the end, she would be even more sweeter. At first, it was fine with me, but then later on, I started feeling a little strange, but in a good way. During this last month, I just started giving her little notes and cards every time we saw each other, whether in a class we have together, at her locker, or at her car. She would look at the notes and cards, and I could see her smile from a distance. At that time, I knew she started acting a little weird towards me.

Then, it came. The last day of asking her.....

*To be continued...*