Chapter 14: I Missed Them So Much

Jennifer's POV

My parents should be arriving any minute now, and I'm super excited to see them. I haven't seen them in so long. Actually, I haven't seen them since I started my junior year of high school. So, it's been one year already. Calum went to go pick them up while I was getting their room ready upstairs. After I was finished fixing up their room they're going to stay in, I decided to change mine and Calum's bed sheets, to start fresh. After a few minutes went by, I went down to the kitchen to fix their lunch for when they come. A few minutes later, I could hear the garage door open, then close. That means that Calum is home, with our parents. Then, I heard the door open. "Sis, they're home!" Calum shouted. I ran over to where the front door was because that's where the side entrance to the garage is. "Welcome to New Jersey!" I smiled. I hugged my Mom and Dad right away because I was so excited to see them. "We missed you so much, sweetie." Mom said. "I've missed you guys very, very much." I replied. "So how are you and your brother doing here in New Jersey?" Dad asked. "We're doing fine. I'm officially a senior now at Central High School." I smiled. "I can't believe it. You were once a sweet, little girl running around the house chasing your brother, now you're a grown woman chasing after your dreams." Dad smiled.

"And I'm so blessed to get to this point in my life." I smiled back. "So, your brother told us that you have a boyfriend now. Who is he?" Mom asked. "Yes it's true. His name is Ethan Dolan, and he's such a super sweet guy." I smiled. "We've heard a ton of stories about him, and his twin brother, who happens to be your best friend as well. When can we meet them?" Mom smiled. "Well, they're actually on their way over, right now." I smiled. After a few minutes have gone by, I heard the doorbell ring. "That must be them." I smiled as I went to go answer the door. "The Dolan Twins have arrived." Grayson said with cheer. "Come on in, guys. My parents are waiting to meet you." I smiled as I guided them to the kitchen where my parents and Calum were. "Mom, Dad, this is Ethan Dolan, my boyfriend." I smiled as I introduced Ethan to my parents. "It's very nice to meet you, Mr. & Mrs. Hood." Ethan smiled. "And this is my best friend, Ethan's twin brother, Grayson." I smiled as I introduced my parents to Grayson. "It's a pleasure to meet the both of you." Grayson smiled. "It's very nice to meet both of you boys." Mom smiled. "So Ethan, you and my daughter go to the same high school?" Dad asked. "Yes sir. We met & became friends in our History class during junior year, then we became best friends, and eventually our friendship led to a relationship." Ethan smiled, then looked at me. "Well, it seems like my daughter is having fun when she's around you. And that's what I like to see." Dad said. "I love your daughter so much, Mr. Hood. I wouldn't trade her for the world." Ethan smiled. "Welcome to our family, Ethan and Grayson." Mom smiled. "Thank you for welcoming us, Mrs. Hood." Grayson smiled.

------A few hours later------

After we all enjoyed a good lunch, Ethan and Grayson left to go back home, and I got to spend some quality time with my parents. While Calum and Dad were talking, Mom brought me over to the living room area to talk with me. "So, how long have you and Ethan been together?" Mom asked. "We've been together for almost 3 months now, and we've known each other for almost two years." I replied. "Do you really like Ethan?" She asked. "Yes Mom, I really do. Ethan is my everything, and he's always there to cheer me up." I smiled. "Well, just by looking at the way you guys were interacting earlier, I could tell that Ethan really, really loves you, and that he will stay true to his word." Mom smiled. "Ethan never fails to stay true to his word." I smiled.

(A.N. - Jennifer and Calum continued to spend some quality time with their parents and caught up with one another to see how everything is going on. Calum and Jennifer also showed their parents around their house and showed them every room, and showed them with room they will be staying in.)