4

My arms and legs are sore

My arms and legs are sore. My head pounds painfully as I stretch on the bed, yawning and reaching my arms to the side to slam the alarm. And that's when I realize this is not my alarm.

What the hell?

My body is scattered against another unfamiliar body whose face is buried in the sheets. Panic seizes me as I grab the bed covers up high to my chest. My hands tremble as I peek under the sheets.

Clothes on? Check.

Noticing the lime hair, I sigh in relief, placing my hand over my chest. It's just Gianina. I sit up on my elbows and throw a pillow over her head. She wakes up alarmed and ready to kill someone. I laugh at her reaction and then wince as pain shoots through my thigh.

"Bitch, why'd you wake me?" Gianina groans, letting her head rest on the sheets again.

I sigh. "Why are you in my bed?"

"Because you opened a bottle of champagne on mine, and it exploded," she mutters sleepily.

"I don't drink champagne."

"I know, but your hot fiancé got you an expensive champagne bottle to apologize for standing you up, so you decided to give champagne a second chance," she explains.

"When did my hot fiancé stand me up?" I ask, and she raises her head a bit to look at me. She squints her eyes, investigating mine. "How much do you remember from last night?"

I groan, letting my head fall back onto the soft pillow. My black hair flies and covers my face. "I don't remember anything at all."

Gianina yawns. "Maybe not remembering is a good thing."

What on earth happened last night?

"And why is my body so sore?" I ask, rubbing my thigh.

"Because you danced in Mike's bar yesterday and ran your body into tables, and from what I understand from Mike, you did some shenanigans on a stool."

I want to kill myself. Seriously, Evelina, in a public bathroom stool?! That's disgusting.

Stretching my arms onto the nightstand, I grab my phone and see five missed calls from Devon and three text messages. The calls are from last night, and two texts are from last night as well, with the last one received 15 minutes ago.

I open the 'Phone' application to see at what time he exactly called. I see that I had called him last night, and then he called me five times.

What did I tell him on that call?

I open the texts.

Devon: Evelina, you better answer your phone right now!

Devon: I'm on my way to pick you up.

Devon: Good afternoon, Evelina. I'll pick you up from your apartment at 6 pm.

I furrow my eyebrows as I read the texts and sit up, placing a pillow behind my back. "G, how did I make it home last night?"