Chapter 29

*Isabella's P.O.V*

It was the start of my second week of Year 9 and the first week probably could've gone better if I'm honest. I was upset when I found out I was in a different class to my only friends but with the help of Max, Harvey and Hailee, I managed to convince myself that we could make it work, but that's proving to be a bit harder than expected. I eat at a different time to them, so we only get to see each other for about ten minutes during lunch. Yeah, there are two breaks in the day as well, but they're only fifteen minutes each, so I altogether only get to see my friends for forty minutes out of a six hour school day. Even after school it's difficult to find time to hang out when we've all got monstrous piles of homework, and if that isn't enough, I've been put in a couple higher classes this year, which means the classes are harder, which means it takes me longer to complete the work and have time for myself or my friends or boyfriend. But, hey, we've only just finished the first week. It'll get easier once we settle into Year 9 a bit more, right?

But anyway, enough about my problems, today's a very special day because it's Emilia's fourth birthday! And I was actually woken up about half an hour before my alarm went off to her and Eduardo jumping on my bed.

"What are you two doing?!" I groaned.

"It's my birthday, Izzy!" Emilia squealed before I had the chance to get annoyed at them. Instead, I smiled and sat up.

"Oh yeah, of course. Alright, well, I guess I can't get mad at you for waking me up at such a silly hour, can I?" I poked Emilia's stomach making her giggle.

"But you, mister," I pointed at Eduardo who just gave me a cheeky smile, "It's not your birthday, is it? So that means I can do... This!" I grabbed my little brother and started tickling him. Eduardo fell into my lap, shrieking and laughing his head off, which only excited Emilia who started jumping on the bed again, also giggling like a maniac.

"What on earth is going on in here?" Mum asked as she and Dad walked in, looking both tired and amused.

"Mummy, Daddy!" Emilia screamed happily, jumping off my bed.

"Good morning, birthday girl!" Mum chuckled, lifting her youngest daughter into her arms. Eduardo also managed to climb down from my bed and ran to Dad. We all stayed in my room for a bit and Dad did some vlogging before they decided to go downstairs for breakfast and I quickly got dressed before following them.

Now, I bet you're wondering what we had for breakfast, aren't you? Whether we had some fruit, nuts, cereal... Nope, we had cake. Mum had made Emilia a chocolate and vanilla cake with Malteasers and after singing happy birthday to her, we all had a slice. Hey, if you can't have cake for breakfast on someone's birthday, when can you? Emilia also opened her presents during breakfast and the way her face lit up every time she opened something was the cutest thing. I got her a Merida doll to go with her Disney Princess doll collection which I was glad she loved and Mum and Dad got her a bunch of Frozen stuff, a Shopkins play set and a pink scooter. Max and Harvey soon arrived and I went to open the door for them.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them and they said hello back before Harvey greeted me with a kiss on the lips.

"Maxie! Harvey!" Emilia then came bounding in with Eduardo trailing behind her and Harvey and I jumped apart, a little flustered. Wow, we're literally getting embarrassed in front of a couple of toddlers.

"It's my birthday!" She chirped.

"Is it?" Max gasped, even though they both knew it was her birthday.

"How old are you?" Harvey asked even though they knew that too.

"I'm four!" She boasted, holding up four fingers.