Chapter 32

*Isabella's P.O.V*

It had been almost a week since school started back up after Halloween and it was now Saturday. Hailee and I were having a sleepover tonight and we'd decided to invite Candice over too, seeing as she was our new friend. I was currently in my room, setting up the girls' mattresses on the floor, when my phone rang. I walked over to my desk where I'd left it and immediately recognised Hailee's number.

"Hey, Hails." I chirped after pressing accept.

"Hey, Izzy." She sighed.

"What's wrong?" I instantly became concerned.

"I won't be able to make it tonight. My mum's sick and Dad's working late."

"Oh, is she okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a bug or something, but I need to stay home and take care of everything. I'm really sorry."

"Hey, don't apologise. It's not your fault. I'll call Candice and cancel then, shall I?"

"No, no, you don't need to cancel. Don't let me ruin everything. You and Candice go ahead, just don't have too much fun without me." She teased.

"Promise." I giggled, "See you Monday, then?"

"Yep." We both said our goodbyes before hanging up. A couple hours later, just as I finished setting my room up for Candice and I, the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" I yelled, running down the stairs. I reached the front door and opened it to reveal Candice.

"Hey." I grinned.

"Hi." She smiled back.

"Hailee couldn't make it so it's just us tonight." I informed her.

"That's fine by me." She beamed and I giggled as she stepped inside and I shut the door after her.

"Mum! Dad! Candice is here!" I yelled and a few seconds later, my parents emerged from the living room.

"Hello." Dad chirped.

"Hi." Candice replied shyly.

"It's nice to meet you." Mum gave her a warm smile.

"It's nice to meet you too... I-I love your vlogs." She stuttered and my mood dropped a little. She never told me she was a subscriber.

"Come on, let's go get this party started." I laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her upstairs, both of us giggling the whole way up.

"Hey, um, you never told me you watched our videos." I said, biting my lip as I shut my bedroom door. I wasn't brilliant at confrontation.

"I didn't?" She asked as she set her bags down and I shook my head, "Oh, well, I guess it just never came up." She shrugged. She then saw the look on my face and playfully rolled her eyes, "That's not the only reason I'm being your friend, Izzy."

"I know." I smiled at her but there was still a little voice in the back of my mind reminding me that she could've just been saying that.

Shut up, conscience. Just let me enjoy my sleepover, with my friend.

"So, what have you got planned for tonight?" She wondered, changing the subject.

"Well, I'm glad you asked," I smirked, "First on the agenda, we've got pizza. Mum ordered it not long before you arrived so it should be here fairly soon. Of course, along with pizza comes Netflix and since you're the guest, you can choose what we watch. After that, I thought we could do what our generation does best; gossip while we're on our phones and occasionally show each other funny memes we scroll past."

"Sounds perfect." Candice giggled. It wasn't long after that when the pizza came and since we both liked it, we shared a large pepperoni.

"So, what would you like to watch, Miss Liu?" I asked as we got comfy on my bed, the pizza box and my laptop between us.

"Hmm... Do you like Stranger Things?" She asked me after a moment of thought.

"Are you kidding me? I'm obsessed with that show!" I squealed.

"Shall we watch that, then?" She giggled at my excitement.

"You have exquisite taste, I have to tell you." I grinned as I put Stranger Things on.

A couple hours later, the pizza box was empty, Netflix had been turned off for the time being and Candice and I were both led on my bed, on our phones

"So," Candice said out of the blue, propping herself up on her elbow to look at me, "What's the deal with you and Harvey?"

"Me and Harvey? We're best friends."

"Oh, come on, Izzy. I haven't even known you guys for a whole week yet and even I can feel the tension between the two of you." She claimed.

"Okay, fine, we kind of dated for a little bit at the beginning of the school year." I confessed.

"Seriously?" Candice's eyes widened and I nodded, "What happened?"

"School got in the way, we never had time for each other anymore so we decided it was best if we broke up. We're pretty much over it now, but we do still have the odd awkward moment."

"Well, I never knew that." She stated, still looking shocked, "Are you sure you're over him?"

"Excuse me?" I asked, not in a rude way, though. The question just caught me off guard.

"I've seen the way you look at him. If you hadn't just told me you used to go out, I would think you had a crush on him. In fact, I did suspect you had a crush on him before you told me that."

"I mean..." I trailed off. I might as well tell her, it's not like I need to worry about her telling Harvey, he already knows I like him, "I guess I do still like him a bit. I miss being his girlfriend, but there's not much I can do about it at the moment. Not until we learn how to balance us and school at the same time."