Chapter 30

*Isabella's P.O.V*

Remember when I said things would surely get easier once we settled into Year 9? Boy was I wrong. We were now well into the first term, in fact half term was only a week or so away, and I was seeing my friends less and less with each week, especially Harvey since he's decided to join the school's football team, so now I barely even get to see him on weekends since he has football on Saturdays and his drum lessons on Sundays. I was constantly living in fear that one of these days we would completely drift apart from each other.

Oh, and speaking of which, I woke up to find a text from Harvey.

From: Harvest Festival 😹😻♥️😘
Hey I can't take the bus today, I'm going to school early to get some early morning football practice in xxx

My stomach sunk as I read the text. Our rides to school and back seemed to be the only proper time we got to spend with each other anymore and now that was being taken away as well.

To: Harvest Festival 😹😻♥️😘
That's fine xx

I lied and told him it was fine before tossing my phone aside and getting out of bed. I got dressed quickly and made my way downstairs.

"Are you alright, darling?" Mum frowned in concern after I greeted my family rather grumpily.

"Yeah, it's just Harvey's not taking the bus with me today because he's got early morning football practice or something." I sighed.

"Oh, well, it's only one day, right?" She said while spreading jam across a slice of toast.

"Yeah, at the moment. At one point, us not eating lunch together or meeting up after school was just a one off, and now we barely see each other." I pouted, sitting down at the table and moodily putting my chin in the palm of my hand.

"You'll work things out, darling. Remember, everything happens for a reason, so whatever happens between you two is supposed to happen." Mum told me, walking over to give Emilia the slice of toast she'd just prepared and kissing the top of my head as she passed me.

"I guess, thanks Mum." I replied and she just smiled warmly at me. I had a simple bowl of Shreddies since I wasn't in the mood for much else before it was time for me to leave, so I grabbed my bag, kissed my family goodbye and left the house, making my way to the bus stop by myself.

~~~

School soon ended and I hadn't seen Harvey all day. I was just at my locker when Harvey walked over to me.

"Hey." I smiled, reaching up to kiss him.

"Hey." He mumbled against my lips. He seemed a bit tense and I got the feeling he was in a bad mood.

"You okay?" I frowned up at him, squeezing his bicep affectionately.

"Yeah," He gave me a smile but it didn't look all that convincing, "You ready to go?"

"Uh, actually, I want to get my homework done in a quiet place so I'm gonna stay at the library for an hour." I explained and Harvey's smile turned into a scowl.

"Do you actually? Or are you just getting me back for not taking the bus with you this morning?" He snarled. Is he serious?

"What? No! God, Harvey, how childish do you think I am?!" Harvey just rolled his eyes, "What is your problem, anyway?!"

"Well, I haven't seen you all day, have I? I never get to see you anymore."

"Oh, what, and that's supposed to be my fault?!" I snapped, "I know we barely get to see each other anymore, Harvey, but there's no point blaming me for it!"