Chapter 34

*Isabella's P.O.V*

"Bye, Dad." I smiled as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Bye, sweetheart, have a good day." He leaned over and kissed my forehead before I jumped out the car. If you're wondering why Dad took me to school instead of the bus like usual, it's because I had a dentist appointment so I'm going in a little later. I walked into school pretty happy, but my smile fell when I saw Harvey and Candice leaning against some lockers, laughing and probably downright flirting.

"Hey, Izzy!" Max and Hailee then walked over, luckily distracting me.

"Oh, hey." I quickly plastered on a smile.

"How did it go at the dentist?" Max asked.

"I probably won't need braces, but that's about as exciting as it gets." I shrugged.

"That's awesome." Hailee said.

"Yeah, appreciate it." Max added and I giggled knowing both he and Harvey used to need braces. A few minutes later, the bell rang for next class, or in my case, first class.

"See you at lunch?" Hailee asked.

"Yep." I smiled at the two of them before running off to art class.

"Art isn't just in paintings and drawings," Mrs Cardle began, "Art can be found everywhere; in music, in dance, in theatre... But today we'll be focusing on the art of photography."

I perked up at that. I'd always had an interest in photography. I wasn't brilliant at it, but I had tried it a few times and I'm not the worst. I admire Zoe a lot when it comes to taking pictures, she has a real talent.

I zoned out for a minute but returned back to reality in time to hear this; "I'm going to put you all in pairs and I want you to put together a portfolio by next week." A lot of groans were heard, some because she was pairing us up with people against our will, some because she wasn't giving us very long before the deadline, "The pairs will be; Lucas Fitch and Claire Holland, Candice Liu and Marcus Walker, Katie McClaire and Dylan Pike, Isabella SacconeJoly and Noah Wheeler..."

I froze upon hearing my name and the name that followed it. Noah Wheeler was the most popular guy in year 9. He was that guy that all the girls fancied. Hell, I'm pretty sure some guys had the hots for him, too. I even had a crush on him for a little while in year 8, before Max and Harvey showed up of course. My point is, he was the hottest 13-14 year old guy at this school and I'd just been paired up with him for a project. Great.

"Hey, Isabella." Noah came up to me after class.

Oh my god, he knows my name!

"Hi." I smiled, trying desperately to act cool.

"So, we're photography partners, huh?"

"Looks like it." I nodded as we walked out of the classroom together.

"Okay, well, let's meet at lunch, we can talk about it more." He suggested, a small smile on his face. It's not hard to tell why he's so popular with the girls. Gorgeous blue eyes, smooth, tanned skin, pink, plump lips and soft brown hair that you just want to run your fingers through a million times.

 Gorgeous blue eyes, smooth, tanned skin, pink, plump lips and soft brown hair that you just want to run your fingers through a million times