7

Kat | 9:57 pm | Hospital

When I woke up I couldn't feel my back. It was like numb. So probably they put morphine in my iv. I looked at the door as it opened. Jackson stepped in with some papers. He looked at me and smiled when he noticed I was awake. I gave him a small smile back.

Jackson: How are you feeling?

Me: Numb.

He sat in the chair beside my bed.

Jackson: What happened?

Me: Nothing. Dont worry about it.

Jackson: Kat.

Him saying my name gave me chills. The good kind of chills.

Me: Can I trust you?

Jackson: Yeah but first. I wanna show you something.

He came close to the bed and held up a paper. It was my grades. The grade that caused my injuries went back up to a 96. I sighed in relief.

Me: Thank God.

Jackson: Eh, you could thank me.

I gave him a grin.

Me: Thank you Jackson.

Jackson: Your welcome. Now what happened.

I looked into his captivating eyes.

Me: You have to tell me something deep. What I'm about to tell you isnt just something that can be blown over after its out.

He nodded.

Jackson: I killed my parents.

My eyes widened in shock but no freight.

Me: Im sorry what?

Jackson: I came home once to see my dad raping my sister and my mother videoing it.

Me: That's sick.

Jackson: Yeah it is.

Me: How are you living now?

Jackson: My sister and I live alone. We making it.

Me: That's good. How'd you kill them?

What? I like knowing how people die. It's weird yes but I like knowing how they die.

Jackson: Baseball bat. I smashed in my fathers skull and hit my mother once in the head. She seized and died.

Me: Damn.

Jackson: Your the only one who knows. You can't tell anyone.

I held out my pinky making him smile and connect pinkies then we kissed each others pinkies.

Me: My parents are strict on grades. Well, strict in general. Whenever my grade goes down lower than a B, each night I get thrown around and 10 lashes to my back with a hot metal rod. Hence my infected back.

I looked down as a tear escaped my eye. I felt fingers go under my chin and lift my chin. Jackson wiped my tear.

Jackson: Dont cry. Why wont you leave?

Me: And go where? The only family I have is my parents. I'm an only child.

Jackson: Stay with me.

Me: Dude, I'm just meeting you like yesterday.

He cracked a smile.

Jackson: You trust me. If you didn't you wouldn't have told me. Your obviously not scared of me because when I told you what I did you didnt have a trace of fear on your face.