12.22.15

I used to dream about a relationship like ours.

One where it didn't matter what we were doing, or what we were wearing, we were perfectly content just sitting next to each other; where every morning I would wake up, and think about that one special person who meant more than the galaxy to me; where I didn't just think I was in love, I knew it with all of my heart and more.

I never thought such a relationship could happen to me, but here we are.

How you stuck around this long, I'll never know - I will simply continue to ask myself just how the hell I got so lucky.

You are the love of my life; and while the road to us was winding and tricky, I am so goddamn grateful we're here.

Just think how easy it would have been to us having never found each other. I could've decided not to go to that party, or you could've stayed at basic, or you and your ex could've worked out.

Thank God none of those things happened, because then I wouldn't have you... And after tasting what being with you is like, I don't think I could ever again survive without the flavor. I know now that I wasn't living until we started talking. Before we went to see Goosebumps that fateful day, and we were messaging each other back and forth, I got so excited every time I heard the ding meaning I got a message from you. I was cleaning my room while we were talking, and whenever I heard that glorious notification, I jumped across the room to see what you said. You had an affect on me that I hadn't felt for a long time, and even then, something about it was different. You made the butterflies that had been idle for so long take off again in every direction. Everything you said made my eyes open even more to who the real you was, not the pseudo one I thought I had known for so long.

You're my rock, my prince, my everything – and I love you more than I could ever say. However, I will spend the rest of our lives together trying to show you... If you'll allow me the honor.