08.30.17

I know we get into "I love you more" fights a lot, and I also know how I always believe I win. But lately... Lately I've been noticing the intensity of your gaze, and how often you mention me. I never thought someone as amazing as you could love and appreciate me so, so much. To tell you the truth... I'm not used to feeling like this. It's all new. No one has ever adored me like you do. That's why... Now, I don't try to, and in fact it's lessened dramatically as our relationship grows... But in the beginning, tats why I assumed things sometimes. Like that you might blow me off for your friends, or shake in your Vans at the mere thought of a future. But fuck baby, there is nothing that makes me happier than knowing you're nothing I've ever encountered before. I love how, since that very first day, I can completely be me around you. There is no hiding my true self, or thoughts, or anything of the sort. You, my dear, may not think you're perfect in any way, but goddamn it, you should see yourself through my eyes. I don't believe there is anyone out there better for me than you. We mesh so well together--it's like some sappy romance story, something like what I used to spend my days jotting down with the hope it might one day spring from the pages of my notebooks.

And I am so, so happy that it finally has.