Chapter 4: Juvia's past

- Juvia’s POV-

I laid tossing and turning in my bed trying to shake of the memory from when I was four. It seemed to take a lot out of me because I soon feel in darkness, but the memory would still replay.

*Memory*

I was awaken by the sound of my brother’s scream. “Mhhh...Onii-chan?” I said while getting out from bed and headed down stairs. I could see onii-chan laying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood. My eyes shot open in fear at the shadow that was standing over onii-chan. They had a bat in their left hand.

The shadow looked up and fled into the night. “ONII-CHAN!! ONII-CHAN CAN’T DIE!! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE JUVIA!!” I yelled. He pointed to the table in front of us and barely said “I love you.” I started bursting out crying and screaming his name, when our neighbors came rushing in the door only to be frozen in fear. The woman ran to the phone to call the ambulance while her husband tried to deprive me from my brother.

“It’s okay Juvia, just don’t look” he said hugging me as I cried into his shirt. It did not take long for the ambulance to come and reel onii-chan in the back. About the same time the ambulance came my cousin arrived to take me home with her. I was making my way to the car, when I ran back inside to see what onii-chan was pointing at.

I saw a letter on the table it said; “To Juvia”That was written just the day before his murder. It read;

“Juvia I love you...I’m not going to be there for you from today on wards, but don’t worry I will always be in your heart and stay by your side, even if I am night right there. I have called our cousin to come on the day I go to the hospital. Learn from our cousin and improve your magic. Be strong and use your water power when ever you feel threatened. I love you and I always will. Stay safe.

Love Onii-chan”

*Memory End*

“ONII-CHAN” I yelled crying. “Juvia are you okay!?” Aki said jumping up from the other bed. I was huffing and puffing while tears came from my eyes. “Was it about that time?” she asked, hugging me as I nodded. “It’s ok Juvia, you’ve became strong and now you can protect yourself and the ones you love. You’ve made it a long way and I will always stay beside you, even your cousin and brother” Aki said comfortably while showing me a heart warming smile.

“Don’t forget me too” Lola said hugging me from behind. “Thank you” I sniffed. “Come on lets get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow” she said while slipping back into bed. Lola was already fast asleep, she didn’t even move an inch. Though I guess I should of known, nothing could wake her until the sun came up.

*Next Day*

“Morning sleepy head” I said while opening the curtains wide and letting the sun hit Aki in the face. “COME ON! GET UP! GET DRESSED!” I yelled while pushing her off the bed. She fell to the floor with a loud thud. “MMMMHHHHH!” She groaned grabbing her sheets and wrapping it around herself.

“Come on Aki. Lets go train.” Aki lifted her self of the floor and fell back into bed. After a few minuets she lifted up her head and moaned. “BUT IT’S SIX IN THE MORNING!!” She whined like a little kid. “I DON’T CARE!” I whined back. After numerous of times trying to get her up I gave up. “Fine! You can sleep, but I’ll be back for you later” I said really creepy-like and I exited out of the room.

-Gray’s POV-

I was walking back to the guild with bags full of party things. As I was walking a froze mid-way and dropped everything. ‘JUVIA!!’ I yelled in my head. I quickly gathered all the decorations and threw them in the bush, while I hid behind a tree. She looked left and right and quickly headed out in to the woods, I decided to follow her.