Chapter 16

Hi guys... 

Picture of Jake when he's at Scott's ->

The external link is a picture of Jake in his 'teacher' clothes ->

Here's the new chapter... Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP

I looked at my phone and saw a new message from Jamie:

Hey Hayden I was wondering if you want to go to the garage tomorrow and work on the car if you’re not doing anything. I promise it will only be me and you possibly Blake if so what time do you want me to pick you up. Jamie

I pressed reply.

Ok how about 10:00. Hayden.

I heard footsteps walk into the kitchen and watched Becki sit opposite me.

“So how did the dinner go?” I asked.

“Don’t remind me... it was awful. My mum was actually watching me the whole time making sure I didn’t do something that she would approve of or embarrass her and my dad. There so annoying” she said sighing out loud.

“How are Elise and Brandon... have you heard from them?”

“I’ve heard from Elise she rang me and told me not to tell my mum that she’d rung. Her law course is going really well and Mark’s fine.” Mark was Elise’s boyfriend who she met at University. Her parents didn’t like him but Becki and Brandon seem to like him.

I heard the front door open meaning my mum was home. “HAYDEN” she shouted. She walked into the kitchen. “Oh hi Rebekah.”

“Hi” she smiled.

“I found someone on the driveway waiting for you.” My mum said smiling.

“What?... Who?” I looked in the doorway.

“Hayden did you forget about today?”

“Brooke of course I didn't forget about you I just didn’t know what time you was coming over” she stood there looking a bit angry with her arms crossed over her chest and her rucksack on her back. “Do you want to go in the living room and put everything in there?” she nodded and walked out of the kitchen towards the living room. I looked at my mum laughing.

“I’m going to go and pack for my trip... are you positive about me going away?” I nodded at my mum who still looked uncertain of whether to go or not. She walked out of the kitchen whilst I turned back around to look at Becki who had a confused expression on her face.

“Who’s that?” she whispered pointing her finger towards the living room. I stood up from my chair and opened the fridge door.

“Do you want some?” I asked holding a tub of ice cream up at her. She nodded and walked towards me taking the two tubs of ice cream off me.

“You still haven’t answered my question” she said standing near the door. I walked to the drawer to get three spoons and walked towards her.

“It’s... Mr Peterson’s sister” I said and started walking towards the living room. As I sat down on the couch I noticed she was stood in the entrance smiling at me as if she knew something that I didn’t. She walked towards the couch and sat down next to Brooke.

“Brooke this is Rebekah she’s a friend of mine from school” I said to her. She held her hand out towards Becki.

“Hi Rebekah... are you in my brother’s class then like Hayden?” Brooke asked her whilst Becki shook her hand.