Chapter 47

Hi Guys...

I know I was supposed to post this chapter last night but due to my work experience and by the time I got home there wasn't enough time to do it but anyway here it is...

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past two weeks I had been revising so hard that I was actually dreaming about chemical reactions and how you must describe a scenery or how to analysis a poem in the anthology correctly. Anyway it only meant that after these next two weeks I’d have nearly three months all to myself for the summer until college. I couldn’t wait. I’d been mainly revising at Jake’s every day as I would go in the morning and help change some of the plasters and the wet kitchen roll on his bruises every day for a week until after the bruising had gone and so had the swelling. He was also preparing me for my statistics exam, which I needed as much help as possible.

It was now the 8th of June and I was watching the clock tick away the last couple of minutes until the end of my final exam. I looked down and checked my details were all on the front of the paper. It was the English Literature paper and I tried my hardest with it which is hopefully good enough. I looked back up and saw Jason sat a couple of columns away from my left as I was sat in the last column near the back of the hall. He was sat back with his arms folded across his chest watching the clock. I’ve got to say ever since I started to tutor him his grades have really improved. He should at least be getting A’s and B’s instead of the D’s and E’s he was originally predicted.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1

“Right students please put your pen and pencils down the test is over” the invigilator said. I placed my pen on the desk and we couldn’t move until all of the 80 papers were collected in.

“You can all finally rest as this for all of you is your last exam... Well done” Mr Green said before dismissing us all column by column. I walked to the back of the room and picked my bag up before making my way out of the hall. Next time I’ll be sat in there is next January to sit my first lot of AS level exams... but I can definitely wait until then. As I walked out I saw Jason and Becki stood at the side of each other talking.

“Hey Guys” I said whilst approaching them.

“What did you think?” Becki asked me. I shrugged.

“I didn’t think it was so bad... I mean it could be worse I guess” She nodded and we started to walk towards the main entrance.

“Scott’s having a party tonight right?” Becki asked Jason which he replied by shaking his head.

“He was going to but the guys haven’t practiced their laps yet so there gonna do that tonight and then change the tyres for new tyres ready for tomorrow.”

We all stood outside and waited for the bus to come to take us to the garage as all of the guys including Jake and Scott had been there all day but Jason had decided that he was going to go home as he needed to do something. Jake and Scott had told the school they were ill when really they needed to get their cars ready for tomorrow as it was the final race tomorrow night. The race was starting at the tip of Greenwood, around the perimeters of Wakeside and through Haywood. The finishing point was the usual racing place near the abandoned warehouse.

When the bus pulled up in front of the garage me and Becki crossed over the road and walked through the reception to see two customers queuing up looking a little frustrated. I walked around the counter and threw my school bag at the side of the computer.

“Hello welcome to Jones Garage are you here for pickup?” I asked politely. Hopefully being polite will calm the customers down.

“Yes” The man said whilst handing me a slip of paper which was his receipt. I looked behind him at the woman.